Part 39

Greyson's POV

I knock on the ugly green door, and I hear a loud bark from inside. I nervously fidget and ruffle the yellow pad of paper, looking down at the big smiley I'd drawn on it. I'd written, HI, under it.

I jump when the door clicks open, and Sadie beams at me - at the yellow pad of paper. She holds up her own - Hi :)

I grin, and write under my smiley face, you look fuzzy.

She laughs, smoothing down her fluffy white sweater, and quickly writes in her loopy print, I know right! Let me have five minutes, I'm actually in my jammies.

I look up at her face and I grin. Wouldn't have known if you hadn't said anything

Darn it should have kept quiet haha

She backs up against the door to hold it open for me, and I step in.

She points at the cookies, and points at me, as if she is asking me if I wanted any.

Can I have one?

She nods, signing speedily, before blushing and grabbing her pen and paper. I made them for you. Pack them up, so we can bring them out.

Deal

A harnessed Eeyore happily wags his tail at me, and greets me as Sadie darts up the stairs tying her hair messily. I unfold a napkin and wrap all the cookies I can fit into it, then wrap twice more so nothing would fall out. As I eat one, she comes down in five minutes wearing a pink long-sleeve tucked into high waisted stonewashed jeans, holding a pair of combat boots in one hand, and her purse and jacket slung over her other arm.

Nice shoes

I remembered how short I felt when I wore flats

I grin, helping her get her jacket on, and sloppily write, I like your hair out of your face. Sadie blushes as I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear, looks at me.

THANK YOU, she mouths as she slowly signs. She brings her hand from her lips and out to me, as if offering a gift.

I mimic her motion, and she giggles, nodding.

She mouths something, mimicking her previous motion except with one finger, then uses her other hand to repeat the thank you sign but resting the back of her hand other her palm already there.

Confused, I look at her.

She quickly takes her yellow pad, and writes, very good.

When I look up at her, she repeats the motion. I copy her, and break out grinning.

I take her hand and pull her towards the door. She quickly beckons Eeyore to come, and he trots along with us, readily hopping into the back seat of the car.

I open the door for Sadie, and she raises an eyebrow, then curtsies.

I can't stop smiling. I really, really, really like her.

A/N I'm nervous about upcoming chapters.