Chapter Three

tentimileyin thanks for being the first person to comment on chapter two. Looking forward to the next person. Enjoy guys

Victor

I couldn't help but giggle at the look Suzy gave me. I knew I sounded surprise, but actually I was surprised Emmanuel slept so quickly. He was still bragging and threatening on me how he would tell his Mommy that I took out of her chocolate if I didn't give him. At his early age, he was trying to blackmail his father.

I later gave him out the chocolate, before he started going through the pictures on my phone. The only person he saw was his Mom.

"Daddy, see Mommy."

"Why is my Mommy not smiling here"

Mommy this... Mommy that...

I got so tired of his many questions, and decided to take the chance to have my bath. Only for me to come back and found  him sleeping. Even if Suzy didn't say it to my face, I knew that look was, like father, like son.

Is  it a crime to sleep when you're too tired?

I sleep early whenever I was too tired, but haters would say, he can sleep for Africa.

Resting peacefully on my chest, I found her hair net and used it back to cover her hair. Suzy snuggled closer to my body like I was going to run away and not come back to her. Her warm body heated with mine. Her beautiful face out of worries. I could see her exposed skin through the thin material she was putting on with the small lamp in the room. I kissed her forehead before I picked up my phone.

She was so tired when she came to bed last night. I decided not to touch her to let her rest.until midnight. It was half past five in the morning and I knew by six, she would wake up to get the children ready for church.

She was moving constantly as if something was making her feel uncomfortable. Suddenly, she jumped out of the bed and hurried towards the toilet. I instantly got up and switched on the light for her not to bump into anything or fall to the ground. I followed her to see her vomiting inside the wash hand base. After she was done, she washed her face, her hand, and allowed the water to run freely round the base.

She vomited everything she ate, including her special spaghetti. Her special spaghetti I didn't even taste. I helped her back to the room as she took her seat near me on the bed. She looked pale and sick. She covered her face with her two hands, resting it on her laps.

"So when did it start?" I asked.

"Few days," her voice sounded so low, still not raising her head.