Chapter six

I dedicate this chapter to everyone born in the month of Dec. HBD to you all. AnyameleBen This is for your brother dear. Hbd in arrears to him.

Suzy

Immediately Victor left for work, I began to inspect my body for more signs of pregnancy. I could see joy, gladness, plastered on his face with the idea that we were expecting a baby. I couldn't say he was wrong with his conclusion, but many illness share the same signs and symptoms. So taking a pregnancy test was the right option. But would have to wait till I resume to work.

I headed up to check my children's room to re-arrange everything they've scattered around. I went straight to Emmanuella's room first, because I've come to know both of them, that I was so sure that Emmanuel would have laid his bed. Even though he wouldn't have done it well, yet he does it just the way he can.

I entered Emmanuella's room and glance around to know where to start, but my eyes fell on the green basket. The green basket I gave to her, and instructed her to always put her dirty clothes. I forgot about arranging the rooms and began packing dirty clothes from one room to the other.

I realized being a wife and a mother wasn't an easy job. This is what men would never understand. They expect you to do everything just because you're the wife in the house. And when you don't do it, they label you as someone lazy. But thank God we still have some men who are considerate to help their wives with the house chores.

Our room was the last one for me to enter. Immediately I packed everything together, I walked slowly to our bed. Lemme just rest. I couldn't fight the bed calling me to feel it warmness. Somehow, I felt like I was being disturbed. I opened my heavy eyes, looked around and as I was about closing them back, my phone rang again for the second time. I felt the soft comfort of the bed when I realized I was still on the bed resting.

I never knew the rest had resulted into a sleep.

That type of rest you deceive yourself with.

It rang again for the third time. This time, I stretched my hand trying to get hold of my phone. The phone stopped ringing before having it in my hand. I unlocked it, only to suddenly jump out of the bed. I could not believe I slept for more than three hours already. I checked the missed calls to see it was Mercy calling.

Mercy, my admirable cousin. She was pressured until she was finally a married woman. She got married at thirty one, and of course, everyone expected a baby immediately, but Mercy and her husband were not ready to have kids yet.

Aunty would not stop bulging me to talk to my cousin. I knew if Mercy was living with her husband here in Nigeria, it would have been a different story, where you are expected to become pregnant immediately you set foot in your husband's house. But because they were out of the country, they had no fear.and was free. But now that she was pregnant, we all couldn't wait for her to deliver. The last picture she sent to me, she was already heavy, and soon she would offload. I dropped my phone back. I would just call her later.