Chapter Nine

"Mrs. Stephen in the building." I smiled as usual as I stepped into my sister's shop. My sister was fond of teasing me with that name. "I see Suzy, I see money." Sister Blessing added her usual way of greeting me as if I packed one money somewhere.

"You're just looking fresh and fresh everyday sis. Come and give me out of this cream or I should ask for money instead." I laughed because I knew it was just her usual way of teasing and joking with me. Immediately I took my seat, I heard my little cuties' voices as they ran to me.

"Mommy! Mommy!"

"Don't rush me!" I never wanted to shout, but I ended up shouting, causing my sister to throw me a curious look. After all the shout and the warning I threw at them, they  still jumped on me.

"Easy...mommy is really tired." I tried not to show the pain I felt by bringing down my voice a little bit low and calm.

"Mommy, where is Daddy?" Emmanuel asked.

I pointed towards outside. "Inside the car, he's coming," I told them, but instead of waiting, they ran outside. I was more than glad to have time with my sister. I was so happy to see how well she was doing. I could remember how things were a bit tough for her family few years back after I got married to Victor.

The salary she was getting was not enough so she started the hair business, and selling of childrens clothes. She wasn't fully in it because of time at the office then. After some months and how buoyant the sales were going, she decided to resign and focus more on her business. Both Emmanuel and Emmanuella ran back and carried their bags.

"You look tired, hope the twins aren't giving you much stress?" Sister Blessing asked, with a look of worry on her face.

I smiled and shook my head. Really do not know whether to tell her yet or not. I stared at her worry face, and smiled at her. "We are expecting a baby." I spilled the bean, getting her totally shocked. Displaying a look of surprise and staring at my stomach to be sure whether the baby was really there.

I laughed. "Sister Blessing I'm pregnant." I shocked her once more. She finally smiled and screamed, getting the attention of the girls helping her in the shop. "Ehnn! Baby number three. Congratulations darling sister. Mom will be so thrilled, and over the moon. She's gonna be a Grandma again. I'm so happy sister." 

This time I took her turn, and laughed.

"As you've shared the news with me, we'll come over to celebrate with you once the baby is out in Jesus name."

"Amen!" I immediately claimed it. I knew that was just preamble. If I  announced to mom, I should expect and get ready to write down prayer points. I was so proud of mom for the good job she did raising myself and my sister. At a point, I was scared of the life my sister lived. She had to struggle. She and her husband sold most of the properties they had just to survive.

And immediately she discussed to me about her business, I was glad I could render my assistance even though she felt a bit reluctant to accept my offer. But I was grateful to God she picked up and today things are going fine for her family.

Of course, it was a case of, 'Suzy, I should be the one giving to you, and not the other way round'. It is normal I guess. But what will people say? That the younger sister was doing so well, and couldn't help her sister. We talked for some time, enjoyed each other's company and gossiped too. After some minutes, I got up to finally take my leave. That was then Victor walked in to say hi to my sister.