Chapter Twenty three

Suzy

The moment Victor walked in, Victoria started teasing his brother. "Brother Victor is getting fat o..."

Yomi who was behind Victor laughed and strode in as well. He turned to me with a naughty smile displaying on his face. "That is when you have Suzy James in your life. You know that kind of thing? Apart from the brain, food is involved." Yomi whined, causing everyone to laugh. Victor squeezed himself beside me giving me a kiss on my cheek, with a playful wink. "Don't mind them," he whispered.

Victoria faked a serious look, facing her brother. "Mr. Man, you're in my house, no gossip please." I laughed at the two. Victor intentionally pressed his lips closer to my ear saying nothing just to piss Victoria off again. I couldn't help laughing, as Yomi laughed too.

"Don't mind him, he enjoys pissing me off." Victoria walked towards her kitchen. That gave me the time to greet Yomi well, as I got to study him. Been long I saw him, and so much has changed about him physically. From his perfectly shaved beard, to his weight. It was very obvious he had added some weight, and even looked more taller to me. I compared Victor's beard with his, and it was just so different. I realized Victor left his beard growing so much that he didn't shave it. As much as I like it, it shouldn't outgrown.

Victor asked of his children, and I pointed to the room where they laid on the bed sleeping like someone who had gone to clear the whole farm, or cut down  trees. It was unusual of them sleeping in the afternoon, but I so much love the fact that they couldn't disturb me or anyone when sleeping. Victoria walked back to the dinning table. "That reminds me," she turned to her brother after dropping the plates she brought to the table. "How are we going to celebrate Dad's seventieth birthday?"

Victor shrugged. I haven't heard any news about him and his Dad, so I really do not know how they would go about it. I've been meaning to raise the issue, but my mind was always drifting away from it. That reminded me of Emmanuel and Emmanuella's birthday. It was closer, and I knew very soon, they would start singing it for Victor and I.

Victor coughed. He coughed again, trying to calm himself down to reply his sister. I rubbed his back, pushing my hand up and down to comfort him. Don't take too much of cold drinks! No! He would never listen. That was the result.

He finally spoke up. "Mom called. I'm meeting with him tomorrow," he quickly announced. Victoria smiled cheerfully. She was happy the issue between her Dad and her brother was finally going to be settled. I felt good for having hear that too hoping it would turn out well. "I love you." Victoria said to her brother playfully, throwing him a kiss.

Victor did his eyes somehow to Yomi, which made Yomi laugh, but I didn't get what he was trying to communicate with his cousin. Yomi turned to Victoria. "Woman, be careful please. Don't cause trouble for us o... Suzy might not recognize you as Victoria o." The playful Yomi added his own, causing me to burst into laughter, and immediately everyone joined me as well. Victoria tried to compose a sentence, still laughing. "You this boy, when are you going to change?"

Yomi and Victor laughed at the same time. "If my wife should hear that, she will flog you out of my house." Yomi said laughing. "You want to compare my performance with that of a boy?"

"You didn't tell her how the race would be?" Victor quickly added his own. The two were enjoying teasing Victoria, and I felt sorry for my friend, but all the same, it was fun, and everyone was enjoying the show.