Chapter Thirteen

I thought Victor wouldn't allow the children and I to go to his parents house because of what happened. But I guess the children must have done a good job at reminding him about going to grandma and grandpa at Lekki. He permitted the children and I while he stayed at home.

The most reason why they love going was because of the gifts and menu menu like their grandma always called it. They couldn't miss it for anything in the world. I was sure if they didn't go, Victor and I would not have a rest of mind because they started reminding us immediately Christmas was gone.

I knew Victor haven't told his parents about the pregnancy which made me put on my oversized gown that was free and was able to hide my little bump. I knew someone couldn't hide pregnancy for long because it's something everyone would see once it starts showing.

The gown must have done a great job, but my body couldn't deceive those who are expert at identifying pregnant women. Of course, not until they are expert, because there would always be a change in the body. And as for me, I added a more weight. I was already four months gone. My morning sickness was gone and has given me so much time to eat well and sleep a lot.

"Suzy, is that good? You are pregnant, and neither me nor his Dad was informed about it." Victor's mom sounded a bit disappointed. I knelt down for her to see how remorseful I was. I was not in the position to tell her. Her son who should have gladly shared the news was not present.

"Mommy, I'm sorry ma." I apologized. "Victor didn't say anything and I didn't want to go behind him to share the news. We have to make decisions together like you taught us." I gave her my reason.

She hissed and shook her head in pity. "I don't know when your husband will grow up. I brought him to this house to apologize to his Dad, but no... Both the father and son almost brought down this house on me," she said, expressing with her two hands. She was calmed again. "And how is he doing?" She asked. Though she displayed how angry she was, yet she felt for her son. She was concerned about him. It was obvious she missed having him around. Mothers!

I took back my seat next to her on the bed. I didn't know whether to share my burden with her or not. But I knew if I shared it with her, she would give me a very good advice like she used to despite the fact that I was married to her son. I've been made to understand you don't share everything that happens in the home to the family members, but when it comes to something you can't handle, speak to someone you can share your burden it.

"Mommy, Victor wants to sell the house." I blurted, waiting for her to reply. She stared at me trying to digest what I just said. "Wait... Has he bought a new house?"

"No," I shook my head.

"Oh! So you guys are finally going to your new site at ikorodu?"

"No," I shook my head again. We couldn't even go there because it was far from my place of work and he didn't want to leave banana island either. Victor's mom gave me a look silently saying. 'I'm confused, please explain.'

I went ahead to share my thoughts with her because I was confused too. "Mom, it's not clear to me either. He just announced all of a sudden that he was selling the house. I hope you will be able to talk him out of it. I asked if he's broke, he said no."

Victor's mom shook her head. "Ahh! He wants to put a huge amount of money on a business he doesn't know anything about. They will just dupe him and run away with his money. This boy does not not know anything yet. He's too rich abi."