My Way

"So what're we about to do?" I ask Chris turning my body towards him a little.

"The mall and then get some food probably. That's cool?" He glances over at me and then turns his attention back to the road "Yeah" I say with a head nod. He plugged his phone into the aux and scrolled through his music for a song to play. Rubbin Off The Paint by YBN Nahmir started playing through the car.

"Oooh what you know about this?" I question turning up the volume, I love this song. We both started rapping along word for word. I bobbed my head back and forth to the beat. Once we made it to the mall this man had the nerve to park far as hell from any entrance. It was a damn journey just to get to the door.

I dragged him in PINK, Sephora, Victoria Secret. He was being childish putting bras up on his chest asking me if I think it would fit him so I ended up bringing him to Forever 21 instead. I actually wasn't interested in buying anything, I just wanted to take pictures in the mirror. I took a few by myself and then pulled Chris in for a few posting them on my snapchat story.

I could feel these girls behind us looking, hmm I think they think this is my nigga. Nah sus you can come spit game. "They wanna talk to you" I turn to Chris looking up at him. I didn't want to look over at them making it obvious we were talking about them.

"Who?" He asks beginning to look around. I grabbed his face turning it back to me.

"Don't look yet, they're still looking" I look at them through my peripheral trying to make sure they weren't looking anymore before giving him the okay.

"Alright look" I reply. He looks over at the two girls standing over by the jeans. They were cute, they weren't the cutest things walking but they were cute.

"They must think you my shorty. Move around" Chris says muffing me. I laugh as I stumble back a little, he really ain't shit. I got a few shirts and jeans before we left.We went to a few more stores before going to the food court for ice cream because I wanted it. I sat down at a table while Chris waited in line.

I saw that a few people swiped up on my snaps. Most of them were guys swiping up on my selfies telling me I looked cute. I said thank you even though David always curses me out when I reply to people. I just felt like it was rude for me to not to say thank you to a compliment. I just hate those girls who would respond shit like "My boyfriend thinks I'm cute too" Like bitch just take the compliment and keep it pushing.

"You wanted cookie dough right?" Chris asks sitting the bowl of ice cream down in front of me. I nod my head yes "Thank you" I say with a smile before picking up the spoon. I started swaying from side to side happy just to have ice cream.

"You're such a child" Chris laughs shaking his head.

"So how long have you and yo boyfriend been together?" Chris asks me eating his ice cream.

"Like 8 months probably" I tell him with a little smile. "I'll introduce you one day"

"How's life? Whatchu been up to?" He asks me.

"Nothing really just been working"

"Oh you working that 9-5 that's not like you. Ain't you supposed to be somewhere dancing?" Chris raises an eyebrow at me.

"Dancing wasn't gonna pay the bills Christopher" I reply with a giggle stuffing my face.

"You could've been touring with like Usher making some coins. See if I would've stayed around you would've been living your dreams"

"Well what're you doing? Are you making music?" I ask him.

I've always been a good dancer ever since I was younger. I just used to sit at home watching videos of Beyoncè and Ciara trying to mimic the moves. No one knew I could dance, not even Chris, until I danced at the talent show. Then Chris came on stage and sang You Got it Bad and had all the girls in love with him even more after that day. We were both some talented ass people.