Black Pyramid

"Parish man hurry ya ass up!" I yell out the window.

"Don't rush me hoe" She shouts back at me opening the passenger door. "We only going to the mall"

"Okay but I still gotta get Chris something, find me an outfit and get a color change. We working with 3 hours sus let's go" I reply backing out the driveway and proceeded to speed off.

"What did you learn? Not to wait till the last minute" Parish retorts with a chuckle buckling her seatbelt.

The whole time I was debating on telling her what happened with Chris and I the other night. I've been keeping it from her all month. I just didn't know how to word it without it sounding as bad as it is.

I really needed her help on how to play it tonight though so I had to tell her.

"So the other day, I was with Chris right and some things were said. One thing led to another-"

"BIANCA NO YOU DIDN'T!" Parish shouts turning her whole body towards me. I just kept my eyes glued to the road.

"OH MY GOSH YOU DID!" She replies slapping my arm.

"Bitch and now him and Dave have the nerve to be buddy buddy now" I tell her and she just laughs shaking his head.

"Girl, was it at least worth it?"

That doesn't matter" I reply looking at her with a smirk and winking at her giving her that "bitch now you know" look.

"Merch Chris putting that muhfucka down"

"I've already said too much" I laugh and shake my head, "I haven't seen Christopher all month. It's like we've been avoiding each other. That's exactly what I didn't want to happen"

"I mean obviously there's nothing wrong on his behalf if he invited you tonight" Parish replies.

"He invited David too" I tell her glancing over at her.

"As your plus one?" She questions raising an eyebrow.

"No they've been hanging out and Chris invited him"

"Awe hell, he's messy as hell. But I mean you were gonna bring him anyways" Parish shrugs his shoulder "Give Chris the normal attention you give him. Don't go too overboard and nothing less. You don't wanna seem suspicious"

I nod my head just letting what she said marinate in my head.

"Was it big?"

"Parish that's enough!" I laugh

***

I zipped up my left boot before grabbing my phone and lipgloss then headed out the room. I walked downstairs to the living room where David was sitting watching tv since I was taking "forever" to get ready.