Critical

I felt little feet kicking my leg but I just ignored it and tried to go back to sleep but the kicking continued. I groaned and sat up rubbing my eyes. I took a nap on the couch in the den so I guess Chris had to purposely walk down here and sit her down beside me. What if I would've knocked her over.

I looked at the time and it was already 10 at night. I definitely slept longer than I expected.

"Hey baby" I smile which makes her smile "Whew child that hair is a mess" I laugh

I picked her up and headed upstairs. I could hear the shower, so I guess Chris didn't want to leave her alone so he sat her with me. I walked into the bathroom and sat her down on the counter while I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

"Bianca!" Chris yells loudly causing Aubree to jump a little. I laugh, "It's okay mama" I tell her. I guess he thought I was still downstairs. Shit even if I was, I would be knocked out and not here him.

"Boy I'm right here whatchu want?" I say walking over to the shower.

Chris slides open the glass door and peaks his head out, "Get in here real quick. Scrub my back" Chris replies.

"I have to feed your baby" I tell him.

"I just gave her a bottle she good. Put her in her bed, she'll be knocked out"

"Alright gimme a sec" I reply walking over to pick up Aubree. As I was walking to her room I held her close to my chest slightly rocking her so she'd start getting sleepy. I opened her bedroom door and turned on the light. I laid her down in her crib and walked over to the dresser to grab the remote to turn on the tv. I turned to Nick Jr and sat the remote down.

I walked back into our bathroom and started to strip down. I tossed my clothes into the dirty clothes hamper and then opened the shower door and step inside. As soon as I closed the door Chris got right to work.

***

"Ooh Martin should be on turn to it" I tell Chris before climbing out the bed.

"Hold up this episode almost over"

"Imma go check on my munchkin I'll be back" I walk out the room and down the hall.  I just wanted to make sure she was okay. She should be sleep for the night, hopefully. I walked over to her crib and she was sprawled out on her back. Aubree was a little sweaty so I pulled off her shirt.

I tossed it into the hamper and walked out the room.  I walked back to our bedroom and turned off the light.

"Who calling you at 1 in the morning?" Chris asks me glancing over at me before looking at the tv. I just shrug my shoulders.

"Did you look at the phone?" I ask him as I climbed into the bed before reaching over to my night stand  to grab my phone that was on the charger. "Nah" He says shaking his head. 

I looked at the caller i.d and it was some random number. They called a couple times so I decided to call back.

"Advocate Emergency Room how many I direct your call?"

"Ummm someone just called me not too long ago" I reply with a confused look upon my face.

"Okay. What's your number let me check the records" The lady on the phone asks to me. I tell her my phone number and I could hear her typing.

"Yeah it was someone from ICU I'll transfer you" She says. I was definitely confused what the hell is going on. Our parents took a girls trip so it wasn't one of them.

"Advocate Emergency Room ICU" The lady picks up the phone.

"Hi, someone just called me and I'm just returning the call"

"Alright give me a second" She says. "Bianca Davis?"

"Yes this is she" I reply to her

David Brewster was just admitted into the hospital. He was in a really bad car accident. He's in our Intensive Care Unit. You were the only person down for his emergency contact. He's been here for a while now. He's just now out of surgery"

"What room is he in?" I ask getting out the bed jogging over to my walk in closet. I slipped on a pair of sweats and kept on my t shirt. "Room 1 in ICU"

"Alright I'm on my way now" I say sitting down on the ottoman slipping on my yeezys.

"Where you going?" Chris asks looking over at me.

"Dave's in the ICU." I tell him. "Somehow I'm the only number listed. I'm just gonna go until one of his people show up." I yawn. I was just so ready to get comfortable and go to sleep.

"And what that gotta do with you?" Chris asks me.

"I'm not gonna leave him there. He could be on his death bed" I tell him.

"That sound like a personal problem. You aren't going. Lay yo ass down" Chris shrugs his shoulders. Chris holds grudges . If he doesn't like somebody, he won't like them, forever.

They fought a year ago and he still can't stand him. I don't know if it's because of the fight or simply because he's my ex.

"Chris"

"Bianca"

"I'm petty, but I'm not heartless" I state standing at his bed side just waiting on him to give me the okay to go.

"Bye Bianca get out my face"

"Are you finna be mad at me all night?" I ask raising an eyebrow at him.

"Make sure you close the garage back" He tells me turning up the volume on the tv.

"Chris" I say aloud but he just ignores me and kept his attention on the tv screen.

"Do you want me to take Aubree with me? I know you got somewhere to be at 6"

"Nah she good. I'll take her with me."

"Well, I'll call you" I lean down to peck his lips but he turns his face away from me.

"Christopher stop acting childish" I tell him trying to grab his face and turn it towards me but he wasn't having it.

"Babe" I say softly. "I can't just leave him there like that. That's bogus. You'd want somebody to do the same for you"

"Alright man whatever go ahead I don't care"

"Give me a kiss" I say trying to kiss him again and he lets me.

"As soon as somebody show up, leave" He tells me and I nod my head. "Love ya" I headed out the bedroom. I walked down the stairs and then headed to the door that led into the garage. I opened the door and looked at the cars trying to figure out which one I wanted to drive.

I only have 2 cars, a matte black G Wagon and a all white range rover. Chris on the other hand, has a new car every time I look up. This garage is bigger than my first apartment. He was already mad at me so I figured I might as well push it and drive his i8. I grabbed the keys off the rack and walked over to the car.