Chapter 3 - You're Beautiful

Ivory

**Lunch Time**

It was now 11:30, lunch time. My school offers pretty good lunches. I eat some days and other days I don't. Sum left at 10:45 for her orthodontist appointment. I was not too happy because that meant lunch in the library. I refused to stay in that lunch room without Sum. She's my other half and she kept the bullies at bay.

I walked over to my locker without being noticed. Thank God! I put away my binders and my books, considering after lunch I only had one period left before I could go home. My last period was my intern period, probably my favorite period of the day because I get to go to the elementary and tutor the kids and help out with any task my assigned teacher may need.

Today I was rather hungry so I hurried to the lunch room before it got too crowded and upon entering I bumped into a brick wall. It was Anthony the tall chocolate boy who is in my Pre-Calc and now my AP English class. I blushed and mumbled

"Sorry"

Before I could make it in, he grabbed my arm and started talking to me.

My 5'3 frame didn't even sum up to his tall frame. I knew he was over 6ft because I literally had to lift my head completely up to meet his eyes. He smiled down at me, then spoke

"Hey, Ivory. Sorry I didn't see you there." He chuckled

"Its okay, happens a lot because I'm so short compared to a lot of people in this school."

Talking to him made me forget about how nervous I got when I talked to boys, which was rare. At least in this school. Majority of them call me fat or just overlook me.

"So you have anyone sitting with you at lunch? Your boyfriend or your friends, maybe?"

I looked at Anthony and just laughed

"Boyfriend?! Boy, no one in this school wants me nor do they look my way unless they're talking shit about me. I have one friend, Summer but she left school early so I'm gonna grab my lunch and eat in the library." I half-yelled

He looked taken aback, but I mean how could he think someone like me would have a boyfriend?

Anthony

I was heading to lunch when I felt a little body bump into me. I looked down and noticed it was Ivory, her beautiful blue/gray eyes met mine and man her eyes were so mesmerizing. I low-key melted into them. She was beyond beautiful

She had told me she was gonna grab her lunch and eat in the library. I was a little confused as to why she'd do that then it hit me. Maybe she's not comfortable around all these people. I hope she isn't being bullied. That would suck a lot, she seems like a wonderful girl.

"Library, why?" I asked

Ivory looked away from me, I noticed her smile turn into a frown. She took a deep breath then looked back at me.

"It doesn't matter" she responded.

And with that she walked past me and into the lunch room. I stood there dumbfounded. I scratched my head, something I do when I'm confused or thinking about something.

Why'd she overlook my question and then just walk away?? I thought to myself.

I sighed then turned around and got in line for my lunch. I was looking all over for Ivory. No sign of her so I assume she got her food already and made it to the library. I quickly grabbed myself a bacon cheeseburger w/ a side of fries and water then went in search of the library. As I walked down the long hall, I noticed a big sign saying "LIBRARY" in red bold letters. Good, I walked in and the librarian instructed me to tables towards the back.