Chapter 21

6 Months Later

Ivy

I'm pregnant, swollen and just tired and oddly enough extremely irritable. I love Anthony but lately his presence has been pissing me off. Its like he tries his best to be supportive and loving, but I'm already annoyed when he starts his "good daddy duties." Oh and Nova has been out of control, all she does now is act up and disappears like it's nothing. I seriously don't understand, something has to give or I'm literally going to blow my brains out.

"Ivy, food is here!" Anthony yelled up the steps, I rolled my eyes and proceeded to wobble towards the stairs. I'm way more fat than I ever was before, I've gained over 35 pounds so far with this baby. He is fucking me up. I try to work out, but I can't for too long without getting sick or light headed. Its honestly so depressing.

After what seemed like a decade I made it down the steps and the aroma of honey barbecue wings and french fries filled my nose. My mouth watered at the scent. Anthony walked over and kissed my forehead and then rubbed my belly, I moved from his touch.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine, can you just not touch me? I'm irritable as is."

Anthony sighed and handed me my food then put Nova up in her high chair so she could eat. He got her chicken tenders and macaroni and cheese.

As I ate my food I couldn't help but wonder how Anthony must feel. I've been so hard on him since the pregnancy, his mom just died for christ sakes and I'm purposely doing him wrong. I feel so bad.

"Anthony?"

Anthony looked up from his phone, "Hm, you okay baby?"

"I love you and I'm sorry I've been so hard on you lately. I'm just stressing out, your unborn son clearly hates me."

Anthony laughed and shook his head, "He loves you, just as much as I do and as soon as you get to hold him, he'll fall in love with you all over again. I love you so much princess. I know its hard but thats why I'm here."

After we all finished eating, we washed up and got Nova ready for her nap. It was 2 & this is usually when she slept. She's been a handful every since her mom has passed, which is understandable. I just wish we could get her to laugh again, even smile. What 4 year old doesn't smile anymore? It hurts seeing her like that. She is such a sweet girl, but her moms death has taken such a toll on her.

Once Nova was tucked in for bed, I headed to my own room. Being pregnant is not fun and I never want to do this again. Anthony already has baby's Easton's room decorated and set up. He's so excited to have this baby. Me? Not so much, I'm not ready for kids, at all.  Nova is enough but I know how happy Anthony is about this child and I don't plan on ruining that.

I climbed in bed and cuddled up with my pillow, I need a nap too. I can barely walk, my ankles are so swollen.

Anthony

I don't think Ivy caught on with the fact I know this pregnancy is literally fucking her up, and I also know she's obviously annoyed with me so I've been trying my best to be supportive but it's bothering me. I'm still dealing with the loss of my mom, every day. I am trying to do right by my little sister, but the way she's going now, I feel like I'm doing a terrible job.

I ran my hands through my hair and sighed deeply, I miss my mom so much. She would know how to make Ivy and Nova feel better. I'm failing the love of my life and my baby sister. I walked in the living room and noticed Nova sprawled out on the floor, sucking her fingers and I could tell her face was wet. She was crying. I walked towards her and picked her up, and she just cried.

"I-i miss mommy so much." She stuttered in my neck. I rubbed her back and hummed to soothe her.

"I miss her too sis; I wish she was here so things could go back to normal. I'm trying my best, its just so hard."

"I love you brother, I am sorry I have been so mean and distant to you and Ivy. I'm trying my best, but I don't know how to feel. I'm sorry."

I kissed Nova's forehead and rocked her until she fell asleep in my arms. Once asleep, I placed her on the couch and put moms throw blanket over her.

As I was heading towards the front door, I heard Ivy screaming out for me. I ran up the steps and noticed the carpet was soaking wet.

"I think my water broke Anthony."

My eyes got big, its way too soon for her to be giving birth. She is only 6 1/2 months. My son still needs time to develop. I started to get nervous and sad all over again. I need them to both be okay, I cannot lose them. I won't.

I picked Ivy up bridal style and rushed down the stairs, grabbing my keys in the process.

"Nova, wake up! We gotta go!"

Nova jumped up and ran to the car with me. I buckled Ivy in and as well as Nova.

Then I sped to the hospital.

____ 4 Hours Later

Its been 4 hours and still no update on Ivy. I was beyond worried. Nova was sound asleep in the chair next time and all I could do was hope and pray things were going to be okay.

"Family for Ivy James!" A doctor appeared in front of us, I stood up and walked towards her.

"Whats going on with her doc? Is my son okay?"

The doctor nodded her head.

"Everyone is fine, your son is being incubated and he is on a breathing tube. He will have to stay in the hospital for a few weeks more in order for his lungs to fully develop. He is okay though. If you would follow me."

I picked Nova up and followed the doctor down the long, never ending hallway until we reached Rm 120. I walked in the room and seen Ivy was fast asleep. I walked over to the little box my son was in and his eyes were closed and his chest was heaving up and down very slowly.

"Is he alright?"

"Yes, he is fine. All her levels are fine and he is doing well for a preemie. He is only 4lbs, once he gets to about 5lbs and a few oz and his lungs develop he will he released in your care. For now we must monitor him."

I sat on the chair, diagonal from my son and stared at his beautiful self. He was so handsome. He was close to Ivy's color and he lay peacefully in his little bed. He was perfect.

Welcome to the world Easton Elijah Brandt

Welcome to the world Easton Elijah Brandt. I promise to protect you with everything in me and more. Daddy is here.

______
Meet Baby Easton 💕
Hope Yall Enjoyed. Been Gone A While.