Chapter 20

Ivory

"IVY CALL AN AMBULANCE RIGHT NOW!"

Not the fuck again, I thought to myself. I quickly dialed the number and insisted I needed an ambulance.

"They'll be here in a few mins baby, what is it?"

I walked into the living room and seen Anthony's mothers lifeless body on the floor, blood dripping down her face and open wounds across her chest. Oh no. Anthony laid over his mothers body and cried.

I went around, scared looking for any sign of Nova but I just couldn't find her. As I was walking, I heard muffled sounds coming from a closet. I snatched the closet open and Nova was tied up and a rag was stuffed in her mouth. Tears stained her cheeks. What the fuck is going on?!

I quickly untied Nova and assessed her body for wounds.

"Are you hurt baby?"

She shook her no, "it was daddy Ivy, he hurt mommy and tied me up then ran off."

I shook my head, disgusted by his actions. All I knew was Mama Anita just boutta pull through or all hell will break loose.

I heard commotion in the living room and I seen that it was the paramedics.

"We need to get her breathing again, lets get her on the gurney." My heart fell to my butt, come back to us Mama Anita.

"Clear!"

"Again"

"Clear!"

Anthony watched in horror as each time his mother was jolted with thousands of volts of energy. Tears stained his cheeks, he looked so afraid, so scared and most of all, lost. My heart hurt for him, he has been through too much in the course of a year, he is so strong.

"She's breathing, lets get her to the er."

They wheeled Mama Anita in the car and Anthony looked back at me and Nova. He ran towards Nova and hugged her tight and kissed her face multiple times.

"I'll never leave you and mommy alone again. I love you Nova."

Nova reached out to Ant and he quickly picked her up and we ran to my range.

He strapped Nova up and raced behind the ambulance.

We finally reach the hospital and the doctor who treated Anthony seen us again and her face turned white. I know she is tired of seeing us. Once the Emt's let her know the 411 on mama Anita , she yelled code black and quickly rushed her off to surgery.

All we could do is sit and wait.

A few moments pass and 3 police officers approach Anthony and I.

Anthony's head was down and the officer, Mr.Martinez read his name tag cleared his throat.

"Excuse me sir, we were told that this was no accident and your mother was definitely attacked."

Before Anthony could speak , Nova yelled out at the officer!

"Yea, my daddy hurt my mommy. They were yelling and fighting then he started beating on her and he stabbed her! He even tied me up and locked me in the closet! He's a bad man, you need to catch him."

Anthony looked at Nova and cried again. His baby sister just endured the worst shit ever.

Anthony gave the officers a picture of his dad and the type of vehicle he drives and the type his mom drives. The officer thanked up and said he'll do everything he can to get him behind bars.