Chapter 9 - Funeral

Ivory
-1 Week Later

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. " I loved my mom with my entire heart, she said this quote to me when my father passed on and here I am now saying it to myself.
Its March 6, 2018 exactly one week after my moms death. I still haven't really put it all into perspective but I'm just trying to make my way through this funeral. The funeral was costly but small. It consisted of some relatives I haven't spoke to in years, Anthony and his family and Sum and hers. Sad to say but no one in my moms family cared for her and my dads side of the family despised her, so getting them to show was obviously impossible. My moms sister showed up with her husband, and two children and my dads brother showed up too. He was with my baby cousin Mila, she was only 2.

—- 1 Hour Later

It was time for my eulogy and I honestly spent all night writing it. I cried the whole time as I was writing it, losing a mother is like losing a body part. It was heartbreaking and upsetting, but I am trying my best to get through this.

So, I just want to thank those who showed up for my mother's funeral today. It means a lot and I'm sure she would be happy you all came. First off I just want to say I love you mom, yes we had extremely tough times but good ones too. You taught me how to drive when I was only 15, you helped me with my first period, my first heartbreak, and you helped through daddy's death for quite some time until it got too much for. You become verbally, mentally and physically abusive. Once daddy died, you held on for a bit then you started to drink, it all started ever few days then I noticed it became consistent and eventually it got really bad, so bad that it resulted into your death. I am extremely sorry that you didn't have a support system but I'm not sorry you died. You chose to drive yourself to the point of no return and you can't hate no one but yourself. I do love you though, mother I always will.

I sighed deeply and wiped the few tears that fell from my eyes. Looking out at everyone around I just wanted it to all be over. Constant reminder I'm basically alone in this world. I am thankful for Anthony and Summer though. I sighed and thanked everyone for coming again then watched as everyone began to scatter out of the funeral. The funeral was depressing, extremely.

As I'm getting ready to leave my uncle walks up to me, my dads brother.

Drew (Uncle) ; Hey, how are you holding up? I'm really sorry this happened, uhm it's definitely tough.

Talking to him was so awkward and forced

"Its fine, I'm fine. Thanks Unc" I hugged him and my cousin goodbye and headed on home with Anthony.

Obviously now, I live with Anthony. Yes, a big move. We've made it official recently and I'm just so happy. He's been such a huge support, his mom and Nova are so welcoming and they treat me like their own. Its actually super sweet. I'm just really happy, I found somewhere to go. It was actually Anthony's idea, I was just gonna get my own flat but he doesn't want me to be all "alone." He's great, really and I haven't been to school since my moms death bu Anthony has been keeping up to date, getting all my assignments, Everything. Sum got a new boyfriend, a lot happened in a week.

I grab ahold of Anthony's hand and we head over to his lincoln.

"Hey, baby girl wanna get something to eat? Then we can go home, shower and I'll give you a massage."

I smiled big, and nodded my head I couldn't turn that down.

And in that moment, I felt at peace.
________
Authors Note!!!

Guys This Was Just A Filler Chapter. I Need Some Ideas, Idk What Else To Talk About. Experiencing Extreme Writers Block. Please Leave Me Some Comments & Ideas .

Hope You All Enjoyed ❤️