Chapter 22

| 1 year later |

Ivy

So much has changed this past year

So much has changed this past year. Easton is now walking, and Nova starts her first day of kindergarten. She has grown into such a beautiful young lady, she favors her mother so much. Rest her beautiful soul. I'm currently in college for neonatal nursing. So far I'm in love with it, school and life is treating me well. A few weeks ago Anthony got promoted at his forklift job and he is now the manager. The biggest news yet? We got engaged! I'm a soon to be married woman and mother. It's honestly been so great.

Only downfall I've had is Summer & I. She accused of me being jealous of her and a "hater" simply because I told I think her new guy friend is no good. He was 31, had 4 kids and I'm almost positive he was still married. Summer has came over my house multiple times, doubled over coughing up blood. She thinks I'm a bad friend and I should just leave her and him alone. I've tried reaching out and even going to her place but she is no where to be found, its like she dropped off the face of the earth. I pray everyday she's okay and everyday she will reach out.

Today I had a day off from school and YouTube. Ant was at work, Nova in school and little guy was fast asleep. I was finally at peace for once.

I heard 4 gentle knocks at my door, guess I spoke too soon. I groaned deeply and opened my door, a little body stumbled in and hit the ground. I quickly shut the door and took the girls long black hair out of her face , as I got a closer look I realized it was Summer. Her appearance was unbelievable, she didn't look like herself. Her hair was badly matted and through her streaks you could see clumps of blood and other things I had no idea of. Her lips were both extremely bloody and swollen, her nose seemed out of place, her clothes were torn and she had been limping when she fell inside my home. My heart started to hurt, not my best friend. Why didn't she listen to me? I started to cry as I held her, she was breathing so faintly it was almost impossible to hear her. Her pulse had been weak, she needed oxygen. I couldn't help her here.

*****
Upon reaching the ER Summer kept going in and out. Its like she was here then next she wasn't. She begged me not to bring her here because if her "man" found out he would make it worse. I'll be damned to allow that to happen again. I took my sleeping son out of the car and ran inside the ER.

"I have an emergency, bring a gurney please!"

A dozen of nurses raced to my car and once they seen Summer their eyes got big. She looked like she was ran over multiple times, her face was nearly black and her lips so large.

"Ma'am, can you hear me? What happened?" One of the nurses asked. All that came out were mumbles, Summer was unable to talk.

"Her name is Summer Yung, She's 20, no allergies, she was born June 12th, 1998. I'm gonna call her parents, please take care of her."

The nurses ran through the double doors and I quickly rang her parents.

"Hey, Mr & Mrs.Yung sorry to call you like this but please hurry to the hospital. Something horrible has happened to Summer and I want you guys here!"

"We are on our way, thank you Ivy."

Then the line went dead, I sat in the waiting room waiting for some update on Summer. I really hope once she regains consciousness she will gain some sense and leave that no good piece of shit alone, cause if she doesn't I'm gonna have to kill her.

| 3 Hours Later |

"Yung family?" A tall, slim doctor with red hair and glassy blue eyes spoke out.

Every one stood up quickly, eager for answers.

"Uhm, your daughter has lost a significant amount of blood, but she's okay. She does have a broken nose, swollen face and lips. Her jaw bone has been slightly cracked and unfortunately she was pregnant but lost the baby due to the blood lost and trauma she endured."

Mrs.Yung collapsed in her husbands arms and cried. He held her tightly and you could see the his eyes brimming with tears.

I was relieved Summer was okay, but I was so hurt she had to go through this. The abuse and losing a child is a pain like no other.

The doctor cleared his throat, "If you would like to see her, you can. She is in Rm 105, please keep it quiet, noises seem to worsen her headache."

Mr.Yung nodded at me and headed inside her room, by now Easton had woken up but he was very quiet. I tucked him in his carrier and popped his binky in his mouth. He quickly closed his eyes, this boy could sleep.

I walked inside Sum's room and her eyes lit up at the sight of me.

"Hey," it came out as a whisper.

I'm assuming her jaw is still sore.

"Don't talk, heal up. I missed you." I walked over to her bed and hug her petite body. I missed her so much. I wanted to cry.

Mr & Mrs.Yung kissed Summer's forehead and told her they would be back tomorrow, they have to get the kids. I told them baby E & I would stay and keep her company.

As we said our goodbyes, my phone went off the hook ringing. I quickly answered, realizing it was Anthony. Shit it was 1030, I haven't reached out to him know whats going on.

"Shit babe, I'm so sorry. I'll let you know whats going on soon. I'm at the hospital with Summer and a lot has happened in the last few hours."

"Yes, Easton is fine. He's fast asleep, I will bring him home right now. I promise. No no, you don't have to come get him, its okay!"

I tried to tell Ant he could stay home with Nova but he insisted on picking Easton up, so I eventually obliged.

After Ant arrived at the hospital, he kissed me a few times and hugged Summer telling her everything would be okay and he truly thinks she should press charges. Anthony took Easton from me and headed on home, knowing I wouldn't be back tonight.

Tonight I was gonna be with my best friend and keep her company. We cuddled up in her hospital bed together and watched old reruns of Martin on her small hospital television. I missed moments like this.

__________
As You Can See Ivy Has A New Look & Thats Because I Couldn't Find The Original Person's Social Media's At All. I Honestly Forgot Her Name; So This Is The New Face Of Ivy.

Anyway, Leave Comments And Vote ❤️