Chapter 1

"Bye, have a nice night." Nancy said, smiling as she held the door to the school auditorium open. She chuckled slightly, overhearing the conversations between the kids.

"Jake danced with me! I can't believe it, he just walked up and asked me!"

"I can't believe Amelia wore the same dress as me!"

Finally, when all the guests had left (Mike had gone to a sleepover with the usual three), Nancy closed the door and walked back towards the drinks to begin clearing up. Plastic cups lay strewn across the dance floor, small puddles of (non-alcoholic) punch turning the floor into a giant, sticky, puddle.

Trying cautiously to walk on the tips of her toes in her heels, she picked up the rogue cups and dropped them into a bin bag, grimacing as she touched them.

"Have kids never heard of a bin before?" She muttered angrily under breath.

"You okay, Nancy?" A voice said behind her. Nancy smiled to herself. At least she wasn't alone in this. Jonathan stood behind her, holding an identical bin bag and looking at her.

"Yeah. Just annoyed at kids who don't use bins." She said, chuckling. He laughed slightly - his shy, short laugh. 

There was an awkward pause between them, the only noise being the slight ruffle of the bin bags.

"So, what do we do now?"