Chapter 3

-Monday-

Mike cycled through Mirkwood, before slowing down and resting his bike against a tree. Stepping over the tripwire, he ran up to the front door of Eleven and Hopper's house. He knocked two times, then paused, knocked once, then knocked three times.

The door swung open, revealing a very tired-looking Hopper.

"Mike, it's 7:00 in the morning, what are you doing here?" He said, his hair messy and tangled.

"I just wanted to say hi to Eleven before I went to school."

"She, like I should be, is still sleeping."'

"Oh...ok. Could you tell her I said Hello?" Mike said, hiding his disappointment.

"Yeah sure, kid." Hopper said, smiling awkwardly before closing the door.

Mike scuffed his feet in disappointment before returning to his bike and cycling to school.

***

Dustin, Lucas and Will were waiting in the school parking lot, by the bike rack when Mike arrived. They waved him over and he got off his bike.

"What did Eleven say?" Lucas asked.

"She was still asleep, so I couldn't tell her."

"Huh, I didn't think she slept." Dustin said, raising his eyebrows surprisedly.

They all looked at him weirdly.

"What?" He asked.

"You are such an idiot." Lucas said, rolling his eyes.

Dustin sneered at Lucas before turning back to Mike. "So, is your sister single now?"

"Yeah, I guess." Mike said, shrugging.

"I personally, think she's into me. She did dance with me, you know." Dustin said, a smug look plastered on his face.

"Actually, Mike...she spent the night at my house the other day." Will said.

"What?!" Dustin, Lucas and Mike shouted.

"Yeah...with my brother."

"That makes more sense."

"I knew it!

"Ohhhhh..."