Chapter 10

Eleven woke up with a start, her cheeks moist from tears. The dreams were more vivid each night. She sniffled, and tried to go back to sleep, but everything she closed her ideas, the haunting images danced on her eyelids.

She crawled out of the tent slowly, tiptoeing on the soft leaves beneath her feet. She moved past Jonathan's tent, which was empty, over to the next one.

Eleven sat outside it, and whispered into it.

"Mike?"

After a few times, there was a movement in the tent. A hand unzipped the tent, and Mike appeared, his hair ruffled.

"Eleven? What's wrong?" He said, his eyes widening in alarm at the sight of her tear-striken face.

"Dreams." She said, a fresh set of tears falling down her cheeks. Moving quickly, Mike caught her in an embrace, holding her tightly.

"Hey. It's okay." He whispered. "It's all gone."
Eleven cried against his shoulder, gripping it tightly.

They stayed in that position for a long time, before Eleven feel asleep against his arms. It wasn't too cold an evening, so they stayed like that, leaning against the tent.

Mike didn't want to wake her, so he fell asleep too.

Nancy woke to the sharp sound of a camera clicking.

"Jonathan?" She mumbled, rubbing her eyes.
Jonathan pushed her hair back with his hand, his skin cold against hers. "How long have you been awake?" She asked, taking his cold hand in hers and warming it.

"Not long." He said, smiling. He leaned over and kissed her on the forehead. "Dustin's frying bacon over the fire." Jonathan remarked, inhaling the delicious fumes.

"What?" Nancy said incredulously.

"Yeah, he brought bacon." Jonathan laughed at Nancy's expression. "He wanted to get everyone up early so we could make some tree houses or something like that." He said, shrugging.

"Okay. Get out whilst I change." Nancy said, sitting up and crawling over to her bags.

"Do I have to? It's cold outside...." Jonathan said, making the saddest face he could. "I'd much rather stay here..."

Nancy rolled her eyes, smiling nonetheless. "Go." She said, pointing, trying to hide her smile.

Jonathan dropped his head, feigning to be hurt. He sniffled sadly, then left.