Chapter 13

"Anyone else getting deja vu?" Lucas asked, stuffing his things into his bag roughly.

"Yeah." Mike nodded. "But this time, it's the end. We have to finish this once and for all."

"Are you guys done yet?" Nancy peered into the tent. They nodded and slung their bags over their shoulders, stepping out of the tent. Everyone was waiting for them.

"Okay. We meet back here in three hours. Does everyone know what they need to get?" Jonathan said, taking on the authoritative figure.

A branch cracked behind him. He swung around only to see Hopper appear through the trees. "Hey everyone." He said gruffly. "You seem on edge." He narrowed his eyes at Jonathan and the rest of them.

"No...we're fine...just tired," Dustin said, smiling and shaking his head.

"Alright then. Eleven, let's go." Hopper said, picking up Eleven's bag and throwing it onto his shoulder with ease.

Eleven didn't move. She shook her head. "We have to stay."

"What?" Hopper said, his eyebrows raised.

"We're extending our camping trip to tonight as well." Max said, trying to help.

Hopper groaned. "You mean, I came here for nothing?"

"Sorry." Eleven mumbled quietly. Hopper rubbed his eyes, showing evident signs that he was tired.

"Do you need me to grab anything from home before I go to work?" He said, yawning halfway through his sentence.

"She can borrow some of my stuff." Max said, smiling at Eleven, trying desperately to be her friend.

Eleven smiled back at her, the hard shell she supposedly had melting away.

"Okay. I'll be back same time tomorrow." Hopper said. He nodded to the others and went back to his car.

When he was out of earshot, Jonathan spoke again.

"Three hours. Let's go."