Chapter 12

"So, you're telling me, there's still a Demogorgon out there?" Lucas asked, his face a portrait of shock.

"Demo-dog" Dustin corrected. "And yes, there is."

"That can't be possible. We killed it." Nancy retaliated.

"Eleven killed it." Mike corrected.

"It doesn't matter! What matters is there is still a Demogorgon out there!" Nancy cried, her voice breaking.

"Demo-dog!" Dustin urged, shouting.

Soon everyone was shouting at each other, correcting each other - a cacophony of noise. Finally, Eleven stood up and screamed at the top of her lungs:

"STOP!"

They all fell silent and looked at her in disbelief.  Mike turned to face the rest of the group.

"El's right. We need to figure out what we're going to do...and we can't do that if we're all shouting over each other." He said wisely.

Jonathan nodded. "Yeah. We need to catch it before it manages to grow and most importantly, we need to catch it before-"

"Before it re-opens the upside down." Steve finished, running his hands through his hair in frustration.

"Anyone up for extending the camping trip to another night to catch this thing?" Dustin said, raising his shoulders, a slight smirk playing on his lips.

Will sat quietly, his hands trembling slightly. He didn't want to go back to the upside down. He didn't want to face those things again.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up to see Eleven looking down at him.

"Safe. You are safe." She said.