Chapter 4

Nancy fumbled with the lock on her locker before pulling it open. She placed her books into it, taking the ones she needed, then closing it again to reveal Jonathan leaning against the lockers next to her.

"Jonathan you scared me!" Nancy said, pushing him playfully in the chest. He smiled and shrugged at her.

"I can't help my unexpected personality." He said. Jonathan smiled down at Nancy and put an arm on her shoulder as they walked to class.

"What did Will say after I left? He looked pretty confused..."

"He asked me lots of questions..."

"Like what?"

Jonathan reddened again. "Um, well...He asked if, you know..we were...well...If you were my girlfriend and that..."

Nancy smiled. "Did you answer these...questions?"

"Maybe a couple..."

Nancy laughed and kissed him before running off to her first class.

Jonathan turned back to get to his class, ignoring the four kids who were spying on him from behind a locker.

"See? I told you!" Will said, just as Jonathan passed him.

He laughed at his younger brother before turning and going into class also.

"Max! Hey Max! Wait up." Lucas called, running down the corridor after the red-haired girl.

"Yeah?" She said, turning to face him.

"Me and the others are going camping this weekend. Want to come?" Lucas asked.

Max looked at him. "Camping? In the woods?"
He nodded.

"Sure, count me in."