°13°

1st Pov. Louise

I stood straight holding in my breath to keep it low. I kept my eyes forward, as Jasper stayed close to me. Alice nervously glanced at him, but I knew he was in control.
I felt protected, secure with him. Like he didn't want my blood.

"I believe this belongs to you." A dark skinned man said, as his eyes raked everyone. Stopping at me, and lingering on me.

"Thank you." Carlisle replied, as we stood standing.

"I am Laurent. This is Victoria, and James." Laurent said, and stared at me.

"I'm Carlisle. This is my family." He gestured, and Laurent never left my eyes. James slowly looked towards me as his eyes focused on me.

I kept my mouth shut, as I knew that they anew I was something different.

"Hello." Laurent cooed, and glanced at everyone.

"I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us." Carlisle said, and glanced at his sides.

"Our apologies. We didn't realize the territory had been claimed." He replied, and glanced around the land.

"Yes, well, we maintain a permanent residence nearby."

"Really?" Laurent at glanced to James.

"Well, we want be a problem anymore. We were just passing through." He replied, as Victoria spoke.

"The humans were tracking us, but we led them east. You should be safe." She said, and looked at me.

"Excellent." Carlisle said, and Laurent smirked.

"So, could you use three more players? Oh ,, come on. Just one game." Laurent taunted, and Carlisle glanced at everyone.

"Sure. Why not?" He relied, and my heartbeat increased slightly.

"A few of us were leaving. You could take their place. We'll bat first." Carlisle finished, and tossed the ball at them. Victoria smirked and caught the ball.

"I'm the one with the wicked curve ball." Jasper and Enmett smirked, and spoke.

"Oh, well, I think we can handle that.." Jasper said, and I glanced back at them.
Enmett's smirked vanished as my eyes connected with his.

"We shall see." Victoria retorted, and turned away with Laurent.

I turned slowly by passing Enmett as he went after me.

"You brought a snack." James snarled, and Enmett pounced forward making sure I was behind him.

"A human?" Laurent said, and Carlisle glared at them.

"The girl is with us. I think it best if you leave." He threatened, and Laurent stood straight with his hands up.

"I can side the game is over. We'll go now. James." He commanded and they turned and rushed away.

Edward started into nothing as Carlisle spoke to him.

I went to walk but Enmett snatched my arm and dragged me to Edward's car.

"No!" I yelled, and shoved him away. He glared down at me, and I turned and walked away from the car.

"You're going." He pushed and walked after me.

"No, I'm not." She said back with the same harshness.

"Fine." He growled, and snatched me from the ground

"Wha-"
He lifted me onto his shoulder and sprinted away.