C H A P T E R 4

Gregors p.o.v

Old version thing again: I smiled as that wonderfully familiar sickening feeling came over me. Memorys danced in my head. Most displayed Boots showing off her bravery others showed how rebellious Luxa could be. My smile quickly faded as I remembered my sisters, falling above me.

       "Try NOT to fall on me ok" I told them. They both said in union "got it". When we landed I amediatly clicked so I could see. Yes. I definitely remembered this place. I waved my hand, showing that they should follow me.

       Suddenly I saw a rat. I started thinking of my chances of flinging my body at him when I noticed the crossing scars on the rats face."Ripred",I asked.

        "It's about time you came to visit me. Oh and you brought your delightful sisters here too. Splendid." the old rat said. Suddenly I saw Luxa starring at me her face hidden behind a mask that would not go away. I could barely see her michevious grin.

     "Luxa,nice to see you. How ya doing." I said. But before I could say anything else, she flung herself at me. Perhaps she tripped but I don't think that was it. "Oh I have missed you so."she said. I was very surprised by the hug and the tears. I did, though needed to know somthing.

     Luxa must have seen the question in my eyes because she pulled away and looked at me. "You must have something you would want t ask." She said. I blinked. "How's Vikus." That was the one thing I needed to know.

       Luxa frowned"he's doing well but Vikus is not the one you should worry of." Her voice seemed pained. "Actually there is something a bit more interesting that you need to know about." "Who's hurt" I asked but she shook her head. "Someone's dead" Boots asked in a shaky voice.

                  "Howard and Nike are missing."

New version: (Still Gregors P.O.V.)

The cold ran down my spine as I fell, a feeling long lost from all the days spent brooding on the streets, singing with the girls and feeling rather more efficient in class. Funny how I could fly bats, fight millions of rats and still be afraid of heights.

I guess old fears die hard.

I glanced down and swiftly maneuvered myself into a better position as my thoughts grew vicious. Why was he even going down. What did it do. Oh right, nothing. His friends hate him, most likely, and all he had was his sisters. Even Mareth and Vikus would probably turn there heads. If Vikus was even still...

I winced and focused on the one thing I needed to focus on: Keeping my rager sense low and protecting my sisters.

Of course, theres that side of him that always trys its hardest to get through his many defenses. His heart was burning at the thought that hecould easily hurt or even kill the people he loves.

Thats when it started again

But havent you already.

No, I-I havent. It wasn't my fault.

It natters not what they think. There lives arent necessary.

Thats not true!

But havent you said such things? Hmmmm?

You did!

But I was not the one who lifted the sword. I was just your guide.  It was all your choice!

My hands moved against it will. You didn't  give me any choices.

Oh I did. But your emotions got the better of you. Will see whos stronger.

No. You wont.

But your a monster. And your coming back to your own cradle, so I know Ill be unleashed. Hopefully for good.

I felt its voice fall into the shadows as I landed, recovering fast and makin a click with my tongue. Yes, were here.

I motioned for my sisters to follow. We walked and contemplated as we did so for about ten minutes before a sign of threat.

I rat was hunched around a figure, mumbled something in an odd tone.

I glanced at the rats grey coat and was about to call out a greating, hoping the peace thing was still in use with the Gnawers.

But I was cut off by Lizzie rushing to him.

"Ripred" She said, before noticing somber expressions given back. "Hey, whats wrong?"

Maggie and I swiftly caught up, and I immediately took my attention to the figure.

"Luxa"

She lifted her head, and with out thinking, rushed over and wrapped her arms around her. Cold fear ran through his blood at the idea of hurting her, his raging sense becomeing almost unbearable,but I hugged her back anyway. I loved her, and that was that.

After pulling away Ripred sighed, "As much as I love all those gushy-wushy moments" He said in a baby voice, "We've got stuff to spill and bad news to bring."

I sighed understandably. Of course there was, I thought, a dark feeling spreading through all of me.

"What happened?" Maggie May asked, sadness laced her voice.

Luxa, who was back to normal spite the weird reunion, said in a soft yet bitter tone;

"Howard and Nike are missing."

Omg, I actually think this is the worst chapter in this book. Well time to fix stuff. Have a nice day and enjoy the other chapters. I had fun with them.

Edit two, I fixed it. Yay!!!