C H A P T E R 10.

Maggie May P.O.V. (Boots)

I sat with Gregor. The others were packing in separate rooms but Gregor wanted to grab the essentials. A couple flashlights, packs of batterries, a pocket knife, water, some cookies and the picture of Him and Luxa.

He stood up, a grey backpack slung on his shoulder. I followed him as he left the room, silently. We were leaving to find Vikus he had something special for him.

We passed people who gave us praises. We were, unfortunately, well known. The warrior and the princess. We entered the old man's office to find him sitting in his chair, smiling sadly. I slightly remember the brave yet stubborn old man though he's not nearly as strong as remember.

"Gregor, Maggie please come in." He said with a welcoming smile. It was such a sweet plea, that I smiled back.

Gregor nodded, though he seemed nervous. "You wanted to...give me something, Vikus." He asked.

The old man nodded, " Of course, I must have forgotten." He then lifted something from his desk that hadn't noticed. " This is for you, Gregor. I thought you might need it, though it did get a bit damaged after you broke it in half."

Sandwiches sword. That pretty sword that Gregor had wielded in most of his worst battles. I stared at the simple blade, but the terrible blood shed it caused made me shiver. Gregor lifted the sword from his friends hands and examined it.

"Thank you, Vikus." He said wearily, surprising both of us, "I'm not the warrior, but I'm still the boy who fights. Every great warrior needs hope. Though, sadly I have barely any happy moments when I'm holding such a blade."

He put it in his belt and hugged Vikus, "I wish you well." He said slowly.

Vikus looked slightly confused.

" I decided, because I'm an overlander, I wanted a different way to say goodbye."

Vikus nodded, " Then, Fly You High, Gregor the overlander."

Gregor grinned sadly, " Wish you well, Vikus the Underlander."

                      ********

As we mounted the flyers I stared at the ground sighing softly. Another Quest. Someone was gonna get lost missing or killed, I could feel it. I lifted my own silver blade and nearly lost it. When will I kill my first victim and when will the world turn to peace instead of violence.

That's when it clicked, and the answer gave way. Never. The only way that people can get along is in heaven. When your dead, lost, gone. Because everone in the world is different.  Someone is gonna disagree about peace, fight against the world.

Like what's happening right now. I walked to Hera, who had a light gold flank with splitting white lines. She looked like her sister.

I rested around her neck and I knew that Gregor was sitting behind me.

"We are ready to take flight!" Luxa said, causing the civilians to back away a bit. And the Ripred ran ahead, into the tunnels and the two bright golden backs flew upward, heading for the jungle.

Yay, were done with part one. I'd like to quickly say that if your into Gregor the overlander, I'd visit and follow Wianator he is a great writer and please check him out. Have a nice day everyone. Word count:547.