C H A P T O R 8

Lizzie P.O.V.

Killing the Cutters Queen.  Already
Gregor was throwing his life in jeopardy for the Underland.  How bittersweet.

The next couple of minutes was constant argueing. What about this and what about that. Finally we sat still in silence.

"Are you sure, Gregor? " Vikus asked.

"We should train first!" I blurted out, "Because making way into a death trap would problematic. We need to have a plan and information to back us up."

"Understandable," Gregor said, a smile forming on his face, " So..."

He turned his head and his smile disappeared as quickly as it came, " How good are you with a blade?"

                        ********

I sat on a Flyer as we flew into the feild. Today, we were going to warm up are muscles and train. The problem was I didn't know how id do it.

As we landed Luxa turned to me, " Have you any experience with a weapon?" She asked, pulling her own sword from her bealt with one swipe.

  "Gregor and I like to read in our apartment, and we both really like the ones about fighting and puzzles." I said, grinning at the memorys that filled my head," On good days, Gregor would show me a thing or two. He taught me a lot of stuff." I shoved my hands in my pockets, feeling sheepish about the whole thing.

  Luxa nodded, " Sounds like him she said, " Let me see how you fight so you can improve."

I looked down at my very own sword; a beautiful red copper Katana with delicate markings. Something told me it was special,  special enough for me to never use it, feeling that I'll ruin it.

  I moved the blade into an attacking position, looked for a weakness a sense of anxiaty from Luxa.

"I'll go easy on you, Lizzie, "She said," No use giving you a black eye. Just a quick test." And then randomly she swung her sword at me. Reckless, I thought. Never let your enemy make the first move.

I turned and blocked her attacks, distracting her. I then turned my blade to her face, which she then pushed away, but that's not what I was aiming for.  I then knocked her off of her feat. Suprised, she fell to the ground. I then pointed the blade to her throat.

  "Wow" Ripred said, a hint of sarcasome brining in his voice," Look who beat the Queen Of Regalia.

"I went easy on her." Luxa said. To me, she turned and held out her, " You won fair and square. Now, can you help me up." She then smirked at me.

Never trust your enemys, I told myself, they all speak lies. So instead of helping Luxa, I took a few steps away, narrowing my eyes. "Since when have we been out of battle. Neither of us called ourselves the winner." I said suspiciously.

" You caught me, She said, smiling grimly now. "How'd you learn to fight like that?"

I shrugged, " Gregor and War books. Both sources are credible." I smoothed my shirt and turned to see what everyone else was doing.

The bats were flying all over, carying heavy weights and fighting cow carcuses. Gregor and Ripred were fighting each other as well. And Maggie and Hazard were talking together, dead center of the arena. Most likely they were coversating about animals and plants. Us three have always been the nature lovers. But I really did love animals and the plants from forests.

That's how Gregor got the nickname. We had went to Central Park after school. It was late spring, early summer.  Then suddenly Gregor sat up. He had tilted his head to the side slightly, and then he had looked at Boots, six at the time. "Maggie May." He said slowly, " Your new name is Maggie May." I don't know why he picked it. Maybe it was because it was May at the time. Maybe It was because the name "Boots" didn't fit for her anymore. Maybe it was because he hated the name Margaret. But that is what he called her now. Maggie or Maggie May. Nothing else.

I had quite a few more matches with her, sometimes I won sometimes she did. It was kinda fun until I remembered this was for my chance of survival on a treacherous quest. The ghost of a smile disappeared from my lips as quickly as it had sprung.

Luxa then turned to Gregor and Ripred who were still fighting fluently. Nothing more than a couple scratches were on there skin/fur.

"Gregor. Ripred. Hault." Luxa said. My brother and the scarred rat turned away from each other to look at The Young Queen.

  "You've finally perfected turning on and off your Racer sense." Ripred said, not a question.

Gregor nodded.

" Lets see how the children are farring." Luxa said, nodding her head forward, to Maggie and Hazard.

" Great idea." Gregor said, " Though Maggie May really likes art, not nature. Shouldn't Elizabeth be studdying it instead?"

"I decided that we should do the basics of fighting for her first." Luxa said.

We walked to the two of then starring and reading at the different scrolls from the code room. Each one was full of words and facts, and Maggie and I needed to understand our surroundings, or we will end up... dead.

"Found anything yet?" Ripred said, moving his eyes along the many rolls of parchment.

"Yes and No!" Maggie said "we haven't found anything about the Ants but we do know more about The Underland."

Gregor sat next to her and pulled on out of the pile, reading it's word. "Welp, I think you should try an fight Luxa." He said in his perfect New York accent, "No use rotting in this mess." He then stood up and ran across the field to Mareth and Vikus, who were talking urgently, and joined their conversation.

  I then turned my head and grinned at Maggie. " We on?" I said.

She nodded, lifting her own blade, which had a silvery color to it. Turning the blade over in her hands, she lifted her head returning my smile. "Bring it."

Ugh, a thousand words. I'll edit it later. I should be doing my homework but you know, I haven't published anything in a while. Smile. 🙂 1049 to be exact.