Being Anna Marie Part 30

(I’m dedicating this chapter to anyone loyal enough to read this far! You guys are awesome! Enjoy…)

In and out… In and out, I continually repeated silently, the air entering my deprived lungs seeming tainted with the essence of death. My attempt to control my wayward emotions verged on impossible as I watched trickles of blood drip from the surface of the nearest car. My soul felt too overwhelmed with loss, my grief morphing rapidly into that of anger… into this uncontainable sense of fury as its rage forced the ribbon of scarlet to carve securely around the shape of my eyes. Power as always like a double edged sword burned at the core of my being, exploding in a stream of scorching vengeance along my limbs down to the tips of my fingers. My sight focused on Adriana as I took a step closer only for Andrea’s grip to pull me back.

Twisting me towards her, “no, as guardians we protect, and you stay within our perimeter.”

My brows creased in irritated confusion, “But they aren’t fighting! Seraphina’s blood is still fresh on the pavement and they have made no move to defend themselves! I mean they just kill-.”

“Anna, we all know that, but how does you being kidnapped fix anything? Seraphina died for you, stay within the circle and honor her sacrifice.”

Unhappy I remained rooted in the midst of keepers as Drea catching Adriana’s glance took a step directly in front of me, shielding me with her body. The grin that stole over our step sister’s cherry red lips at the obvious meaning behind the action sent shivers down my spine.

“If that’s how you wanna play,” she countered before she ordered her attentive minions, “We take no surrender, no prisoners. I expect Anna captured, and the beheading of all who stand in my way.” Beaming directly in the path of cerulean lenses, she quickly amended, “on second thought try not to harm Andrea too.”

Our crowd shifted backwards as they surged forward, Drea moving to my side once more, her palm sliding back into mine. Standing directly in the center of protectors, our vision on that of our sadistic sister as she laughed, her flock of demons bypassing her stilled figure, “Yes… I do believe Andrea’s death will be by my hand and my hand only.”

I felt rather then saw Gabe move to protect my other side as guardians crouched into defensive stances watching as the enemy charged forth only to realize too late that their advancement was merely a distraction as shadows unearthed from the ground directly before angel’s feet; demons falling from within its darkened shapes instantaneously. Horrified at the vision my hand rose to cover my quivering lips as decomposed beasts, their skin reeking of death pounced on the unexpected

whilst literally ripping their flesh from bone. Blood covered the surface of bodies so quickly, hands waving out helplessly for aid, their screams piercing the air. Those no longer diverted by the death of so many managed to defend themselves as huge beast leapt over the fallen who were still viciously being eaten to topple the next line of unsuspecting guardians. In the chaos I watched powerlessly as one watcher was actually dragged from our circle towards the enemy before a horde of vile beasts surrounded his screaming form before they tore him limb from limb.

Spinning away from the spectacle I quickly realized there was no safe place for my mind to find relief. Everywhere I looked on the edges of our crowd darkness had already tainted; their cruel acts of tearing into the holy forced blood to paint the pavement and screams to battle with the sound of my pounding heart.