chapter 3 : One war lost.

" And you killed him like a mad dog."

Naina sits with a thud on the floor. She feels something is broken inside her. She has always killed a faceless man who was responsible for her brother's demise in her dreams. But now with a face who is partially responsible for taking away her brother is standing in front of her but she doesn't have strength to kill him or curse him.

She has always considered him as her mentor. She knows there is only one perfect gentleman but he is close to one. But with this truth unfolded, she sits with her all broken and shattered expectations.

He lied to her. She actually believed him when he told her that naveen committed suicide. She always believed him blindly. She would have continued doing so. But now with this truth in front of her, she doesn't know what to do.

She can see some known emotions in his eyes - pain of losing a beloved, regret and guilt of killing his best friend and some unnamed emotion. But can she believe him and trust him the way she used to do. She wants to believe him but a part of her which is a sister stops her from doing the same.

She is trying to figure out whether all the support or motivation was just the way of redemption or he also thinks of her as a traitor and was keeping an eye on her.

************************************

Her words will haunt him forever. He always wanted to tell her the truth but when he met her the first time, he felt like naveen has returned to him in her form. She was always similar to him. The way she used to take initiatives, the way she used to help her friends, the way she used to respect her nation and the way she used to stand up to her beliefs, everything reminded him of naveen. He never wanted to lose her.

His regret and guilt was getting less with every moment passed with naina. He wanted to give her all relief and piece she ever needed. But he never knew that his own truth will break her forever.

He has given pain to that one person for whom he can do anything. But he knows he can't fall weak. He can't betray his nation. He has to stay strong. Her tears can break Rajveer but Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat was always different from rajveer.

He retreats from there just like a lost soldier.

One war lost. Another war to go. But he can't lose this war otherwise he won't be able to show his face to naveen ever.

Both are incomplete without each other. They are each other's strength and weakness. Without each other, how can they win this mission.

Only one person is happy in all this. She steps forward towards a ruined naina smirking over the fact that her plan has become successful. She has to execute next part of her plan.