Chapter 4 : Naina is my strength.

" You could have saved him. There was no need to kill him."

Rajveer enters his room. He has this old habit of cursing himself.

" Yes there was a need. He was there in front of me begging for his life. I couldn't have left him there to die at God's will"

Naveen has always been a great friend to him. He never judged him for anything. Of course they were competitors. But rajveer was always grateful to him. Naveen was a perfect soldier for him. When rajveer saw him running towards him in that near-to-death Condition, he lost all his decision making power. He was broken from inside. Nobody believed him. He was framed as a traitor. He was being betrayed by his own army.

How could rajveer just leave him there to fight alone.

Rajveer always try to justify what he did. But deep down he always knew how much he tries to defy himself, only naina has the power to forgive him. Only then he will be able to forget everything.

But now when he saw a broken naina, he is afraid that a sister has over taken a sensible naina. Now she wont be able to judge what is right or what is wrong.

What he did might be wrong, but why he did was absolutely right. He wanted to save his best friend. And what else is best for a soldier - to die for his nation.

How many nights he spent regretting his actions and now with those tears in naina's eyes will haunt him for another sleepless nights.

How much he tried to forget his love, but with a broken naina he will curse himself for destroying her.

He had one little hope that she would understand him. She would see beyond his words that he never wanted to kill naveen. That for one time, she would care for her mentor and think as a soldier not as a sister.

But then he smiles sadly at the fact that the person who has joined the academy was a sister. She always wanted to punish the killers.

And now she hates him.

" I will not lose my patience. I have to be brave. I can fight this alone. I will have to do this for naveen , for my nation and for my uniform. I cant let them win. I cant be trapped by Dr Ritu. This is what she wanted. But no Ritu, today you wont win. My naina has always been my strength. She was never a weakness for me and naveen. I will do this to prove you wrong."

And with this determination, he clears his tears off from his eyes. And exits his quarters.

***********************************