Chapter 10 : A friend or a foe.

" Naveen, my dear friend, today she is coming back. I don't know whether she hates me or she doesn't want to talk to me. But she has already gone through so much because of me. I dont think i can face her."

Rajveer has this old habit of talking to the empty space at wall of fame where once naveen's photo used to adorn that space.

" Naveen help me. Support me that i can keep myself away from her."

Only his inner soul wishes it not to be true. Since the day she was declared fine, he has been asking dr shalini about her health. He has to maintain distance from her. Otherwise his enemies wont spare any chance to use her as his weakness.

" Oye sirjee...our phoolan is coming back today. lets have a party today. Yayyyy!!"

Huda announces with excitement.

" Cadet huda, naina....cadet singh needs some rest. And you also missed your classes. Therefore you should also take some extra time to study. Go and we can have party afterwards."

Huda leaves with a disappointment on his face. But our cadets never need any permission. He chuckles.

Right now, rajveer has to become captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat. He starts going towards Ritu Mishra's quarters when he is stopped by an orderly who informs him to meet Brigadier Chandok.

He curses his luck again but then drops his plans to search her quarters and proceeds towards Brigadier's office.

***********************************

" Welcome major, i was waiting for you since your transfer orders came here. "

" Thank you sir. Even i was waiting to come back here. This feels like a home to me."

" Well major, i have called your batch mate. You will feel more comfortable."

Captain Rajveer  asks for permission to come in.

" Captain abhimanyu chauhan?"

The man turns back. And rajveer can see his face.

Man : its major abhimanyu rai chauhan. How are you Captain?

Rajveer looks surprised but happy at the achievement of his best friend. But he couldn't guess the exact emotion behind his words.

Brigadier : very well both of you. Captain i want you to take major chauhan to suri ji and show him around the academy. And also cadet singh is due to return today, i want both of you to be present there.

And he dismisses both of them. They salute and leave the room.

Rajveer : its so nice to meet you after so long. We shouldn't have lost contact after naveen's death.

Abhimanyu : there are a lot of things that shouldn't have happened. But who cares.

Rajveer : chauhan you haven't changed.

Abhimanyu : Somethings never change. Leave it. Cadet singh means naina singh ahluwalia, naveen's sister.

Rajveer nods. And abhimanyu leaves for the mess. Rajveer couldn't decode his emotions. He couldn't decode why he is here. Is there any special reason behind his promotion and transfer at KMA. But whatsoever it is, he is going to find it very soon.

***********************************

Everyone welcomes naina with happiness. All the cadets salute her for her bravery.

Brigadier Chandok praises her for her bravery and determination and for staying true to the logo of KMA - strength and honor.

Pooja apologises for not being present at the time of mission otherwise the situation would have been different. Ali silently expresses his emotions through his eyes. He is feeling guilty for not being there for his best friend and best teacher.

Major nair just frowns upon the fact that girls can never be a soldier. He leaves from there in a hurry.

" Welcome naina. Its great to meet you here. Your eyes remind me of naveen"

Abhimanyu welcomes her. But she looks completely clueless about this new man. She is skeptical about the identity of this person and how he knows about her brother. She feels some kind of negativity from him.

With one positive nod from rajveer, she accepts his compliment.

Everyone leaves. However Rajveer couldn't go from there. As if her pair of eyes has actually captivated him there. He wants to go near her. But before that he has to solve some mysteries and unfold some more truths.

And he tries to go from there without talking to her when she interrupts him.

" Captain Rajveer, i wish to have a talk with you. Can we talk?"

She does not call him sir. He feels scared. He can't face her anger or hatred. Her trust is his only support.

" Cadet Singh, right now i am not free. I will talk to you later. You take rest."

And before she can ask other question, he leaves from there.

" Dont worry captain, i will get my answers very soon. You cant get rid off your protege." Naina smiles.

************************************

Somewhere in KMA,

" Yes i know what to do. You dont need to instruct me everytime. She has come back. Now i ll have to complete the mission. He is an emotional fool. He will do whatever i will tell him to do as long as we know which nerve to press. Dont worry."

The man keeps down the phone. And proceeds towards staff quarters.

************************************

Hey everyone, here is the next chapter. Abhimanyu has arrived. Please share your feedback about his entry and how you want me to show his image in the story.

Soon naina will confront rajveer. There will be more truths coming out. Few more chapters are left.

Keep reading, sharing your feedback and voting for the story.

Thank you so much for all your support and encouragement.

Naina 💕