Chapter 12 : I trust you much more than I love you.

They both enter the room. He locks the door behind him.

His room looks so familiar to her. They have shared so much pain here. They have faced so many challenges here. They have experienced few moments of happiness here.

This is the same place where she came to spy on him.

This is the same place where she shouted on him and told him her identity.

This is the same place where he told her the half truth about naveen's death and she cried heavily in his secured arms.

This is the same place where she once told him she never loved him. She slightly smiles on herself. How time changes swiftly. Once he was nothing to her, now he is everything to her.

Naveen is the reason she met him. Naveen has always been the connecting dot for their relationship. Maybe this is the reason why rajveer felt different when she told him her name " Cadet naina ah Singh".

Her eyes become teary. Till now he had her back. He couldn't decipher her feelings. But as soon as she turns back to him, he can see the same identical emotions in her eyes. The same emotions he has been experiencing.

Before rajveer could say anything, she comes forward and hugs him. And she starts crying heavily. Rajveer looks concerned. Till now she was being strong. Till now she trusted him. What happened in just few minutes. He thinks.

But when her sobs become light, he lets himself free in her arms. He feels relieved. This is what it feels to be in heaven. He becomes lost in her fragrance. He wants to inhale her presence now. He wants to capture his naina within him forever. For few minutes, he cries. He has already given her his naked soul. Then why cant the great captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat cry?

They might not have given words to their emotions, but they have communicated their feelings through their eyes. And naina's sacrifice was an evidence of how much he means to him.

But, today, captain Rajveer cannot overpower rajveer. For once in his lifetime, he can be just rajveer who wants someone to love him, who wants someone to sacrifice her life for him and who wants someone to be just his.

He tries to separate himself from her. But she clings to him like a small scared baby. As if her whole life depends on him. As if he will provide her all the warmth and comfort she has been missing for so long. As if he will make her whole again by joining her broken pieces. As if he will complete her.

She also has to become just his naina, for one time she can be just naina without any prefix of a cadet or a suffix of an Ahluwalia. She doesn't have to be a sister or a daughter or a protege. She can become a girl who wishes to be with someone whom she loves.

After few minutes,

Rajveer : Naina? Are you fine?

Naina : I have never been this much fine. I am at my best stage of health.

Rajveer : I am sorry naina. I never meant to kill him. But he begged. I couldn't leave my best friend alone. He made me pull the trigger. Please believe me.

Naina : Captain Shekhawat, i took that bullet for you and you are still asking me to believe you.

She is dumbfounded at the words she just heard from him. As if she couldn't believe that he was unable to decode her actions. Sometimes action doesn't speak louder than words. She thinks.

Rajveer : I...mean...i am sorry....no i am grateful... I mean.....

Naina keeps her one hand near his heart. His heart started beating fast and erratically.