Chapter 17 : A piece of past

" Naveen bhaia, what's going on now? I think i should inform Rajveer sir as soon as possible."

Naina decides to tell everything to him. And leaves for his quarters.

*********************************

Rajveer was just going to sleep. He hears a knock at his door and wonders who might be paying him a visit at this hour.

He opens the door and gets shocked seeing naina after lights out.

Rajveer : What the hell are you doing here?

Naina : Let me in silently otherwise Brigadier will show us the hell.

He silently lets her in. She settles herself in one of the chairs.

Rajveer : What is it?

Naina : Dr Shalini came today to my room.

Rajveer : Dear we are not a school couple. You don't need to inform me your each and every little information.

Naina gets irked by his bad sense of humour.

Naina : She was married to Major Abhimanyu Chauhan. Did you know this?

Rajveer gets a little shock. Why are these ladies discussing everything. He asked Shalini about her marriage and she is telling these things to naina. That's why men can never understand women.

Rajveer : Why were you discussing her personal life?.

Naina : She came to me. And told me everything.

Flashback

Naina : What are you doing here?

Shalini : Listen, Naina i have come here to talk to you as a woman. Can i?

Naina: yes ma'am.

Shalini : I know what is going on between you and Captain Rajveer. But trust me there is no one more happier than me for both of you. So i believe you must tell him the things which i will be telling you.

Naina : Hmmmm...

Shalini : I was married to Major Abhimanyu Chauhan. He was my parent's choice. As soon as i completed my training, i got married to him. I never knew him before. But i thought i would be able to know him after wedding and then we would be able to love each other. But initially, he used to be so indifferent towards me. I thought may be he was being pressurised to marry me. Gradually things would fall into place. But after some time I got to know he used to love a girl in his academy who never liked him but his friend.

Shalini took a deep breath. Naina comforted her.

Shalini : When i confronted him, he promised me to take our relationship forward. And we finally consummated our marriage after 6 months. Everything was going fine until one day i heard his conversation with someone he was referring to as "chief".

Naina motivated her to continue.

Shalini : He was talking to him that very soon he would destroy someone and in return he was being offered promotion. He was trading off his integrity for a mere promotion. I faced him. He told me it was none of my business. He told me he would take his revenge on god-knows-who for taking his love and best friend away from him, even if it meant betraying his own country. And i got a nervous breakdown knowing the fact that he never really forgot his first love. And with that breakdown, i started taking medicines which led to my abortion. Yes, naina he killed our baby. He was so lost in taking his revenge that he forgot about me.

And with this, she broke down with tears. She was crying hysterically. Naina didn't know how to console her. But she offered her water and hugged her tightly.

Naina : Ma'am you need to be strong. You have been an excellent example of bravery for everyone. Please don't let that man break you so easily.

Shalini got hold of herself.

Shalini : And then we divorced. But that happened a long time back. Now when i got to know that he came back, all those memories started haunting me. I just wanted to share with someone.

Naina : Then why me?

Shalini : Because you are the only one who can understand me and communicate to Captain Rajveer. I can't tell him directly. You have to tell him i am innocent. I have had a dirty past but i am innocent.

Naina : But why would he doubt you?

Shalini rubbed her tears. And stood to leave.

Shalini : Ask him.

And the flashback ends.

Rajveer is trying to absorb this latest information. His mind is actually occupied with so many new things.

He finds sofa to sit and asks naina to get a glass of water.

Naina : did you really doubt her?

Rajveer : I know i shouldn't but i did.

Naina : Don't worry sir. It happens. When you see someone is hiding a truth, you fail to understand his innocence.

Rajveer just nods. She immediately takes him in her arms. He is so tired emotionally and physically. He feels as if he always end up hurting people who are close to him.

Rajveer : I need to sleep. Can you take me to a peaceful sleep.

Naina finds him talking to her in sleep. She takes him to his bed and tucks him into his bed. While she is leaving, he holds her wrist.

Rajveer : You are that ray of hope which always come to take me away from darkness. What would i have done without you, in this or in any lifetime.

Naina sits there silently and starts patting his forehead and gradually she also falls to sleep sitting on the floor.

*******************************

With this update, many secrets are revealed. This chapter will take the story forward.

But, many more truths are yet to be unfolded. Will this impact their relationship? Will Rajveer be able to stand against his only best friend?

Stay tuned 😊

Keep reading, voting for the story and sharing your feedback.

Naina 💕