Chapter 14 : Who is your mentor?

Days went by. Alekh did what he promised to god. Actually he was forced to give up his drinking due to naina's melodrama.

Naina was instructed to take bed rest strictly by Dr shalini and Rajveer. Rajveer used to visit her every day after his classes. They used to discuss how their day went. He used to inform her how much information he has got in case of naveen's case, Ritu's trap and abhimanyu's secret. Though he had no concrete proof against abhimanyu, but he could infer something wrong about him from his actions.

Pooja could sense what was going on in the life of her Best Friend, but she chose to stay quiet about this. She remembered what impact this discussion had on their relationship. She could do anything for her best friend and favorite teacher. She didn't share it with ali because ali can never go against rules.

Huda didn't bother naina about his feelings. Maybe he understood she has already loved a person for whom she was ready to give her life. He vowed to himself that he would never let anyone come in between their love. He would always save the girl whom he claim to love. He would always follow his rajveer sir till his last breath.

For naina and rajveer, they were trying to take their relationship slower. They were trying to save each and every moment in their memory.

************************************

" Bhaia, today i am going to join my training back. Please stay with me as my strength."

Naina is joining academy back. She is completely fine now. She also has a habit of talking to the blank space on wall of fame where naveen's portrait used to adorn that space. Naveen is always there for both Rajveer and naina. They are never alone. Whenever they lose hope, they come here to get back that strength, that only hope. Having each other is more than enough for them, but with naveen's presence they are at peace.

" Cadet Naina ah Singh, You never needed any support. You are so strong that you inspire others."

Rajveer comes there to talk to naveen before he begins his day. But seeing naina is already speaking to naveen the way he does, he is surprised.

He continues.

" So you also come here?"

" Also? Means you also talk to bhaia like this???"

" Yes naina. This place reminds me of him. This wall is incomplete without him."

He observes her face becoming serious. So he thinks of something to irk her.

" Naina Singh Ahluwalia is jealous of me!!!! This is a news. I already knew you can never share naveen with anyone, but now i can see that." And he winks.

Naina understands his trick. She checks around them to ensure that no one is watching them. And comes closer to him. He could feel her breath.

Naina : There is one more person whom i would never share with anyone!!!!

He plays along her.

Rajveer : And who is that?😉

Naina : And that is...............Alekh, my brother 😉😋

Alekh happens to cross that corridor at the same time and listens to her last line. He thinks that she may be calling him. Therefore he stops by the wall of fame.

Alekh : Ha...naina what happened?

Rajveer is irritated with the mention of alekh's name and presence of alekh at this point of time.

Rajveer : Huh??? Nothing cadet alekh. She was just recommending me that s I should take you as my protege for the upcoming mentorship program.

Naina and alekh are both shocked at the mention of mentorship program. They don't have any information about any mentorship program.

However, this irritated her a little. She can never share her mentor with anyone. This is an established fact. How can he forget.

Alekh : What? Mentorship program?? When did this happen? And why am I supposed to be your protege, sir? Please don't make me your protege. I dont wish to get murdered by someone for taking her mentor.

He obviously signals towards naina, who doesn't wish to share her mentor.

Rajveer : Thats not in my hand, cadet. Brigadier will decide. But for now, focus on your drills. You missed your physical test and failed written exams. Thats why you should perform exceedingly well in this program.

( Guys, in this story neither alekh is demoted to an orderly level nor yudi goes to USA to do his post graduate.)

Rajveer then dismisses alekh. Naina starts to leave.

Rajveer : Not so soon naina.

Mere mention of her name makes her nervous and she also gets a hint that he wishes to discuss some serious Matter.

Rajveer : You trust me???

Naina : More than anyone.

Rajveer : Whatever decision i will take, you wont question it. Just stay with me, and i will fight any battle.

Naina : I trust you, rajveer.

She calls him just 'rajveer'. He feels complete and relieved as if this name is only meant for her. As if she holds every right to take his name. As if his name never brought so much peace for him.

Rajveer forgets to take breath. They share an intense eye lock.

When she asks to leave, he just signals her through the motion of his eyes.

************************************

Brigadier chandok announces the mentorship program. Memories of previous mentorship program are so fresh in their minds. Six months have passed since the last program, but still nobody is able to forget the foul strategies made by bhargav.

Pooja : I am not going with that muchhad. Its better they kick me out of the academy. I would commit suicide, otherwise this mucchad would definitely kill me this time.

Yudi : At least you have got a mentor to curse. I have no one 😔.

Alekh seems disinterested in the conversation. His first mentor was a psychopath and the other mentor turned out to be a spy. He wishes his next mentor to be a normal person.

Huda : I guess only one person seems to be happy with 'the mentor' 😉.

He goes near Naina and puts his one arm on her shoulder.

Huda : phoolan, you have a hand full of a big ladoo. What say guys?😉

Naina : Stop it guys. Stop whining about this. Brigadier will allocate a mentor to each one of us. And as far as your information is concerned huda, Brigadier also announced that the pairs can be shuffled.

As soon as she finishes. Suriji posts the list on the bulletin board.

Mentorship program:-

Following students are required to report to their respective mentor as soon as possible:-

1. Cadet Amardeep Huda- Major Nair.
2. ‎Cadet Yaduvansh Sahni -  Dr Captain Shalini
3. ‎Cadet Ali Begh - Subedar Suriji
4. ‎Cadet Alekh Sharma - Captain Rajveer Shekhawat
5. ‎Cadet Pooja Ghai - Subedar Lolita
6. ‎Cadet Naina Singh - Major Abhimanyu Chauhan.

***********************************

Is there any special reason to pair naina with abhimanyu for mentorship program? Will naina and rajveer be able to uncover abhimanyu's truth? Will history be repeated this time too? Will this mentorship program bring a hit to their relationship?

Stay tuned.

Keep reading, voting for the story and sharing your feedback.

I know this is a small update but it is really necessary for taking the story forward.

Thanks for all the support and motivation.

Naina💕