Chapter 16 : Uninvited guest

" I got everything that you have been hiding except the reason why you are hiding. Dr Shalini, is your failed marriage the reason behind your silence or there is something else?.." Rajveer ends his question with a hint at her integrity.

Shalini : Stop it Captain. When you don't know anything, you should not comment on it. This is my personal life and you hold no right to question my life like this. Before i take any other strict action, please leave.

Shalini is at the verge of breaking down. Rajveer feels as if he has pressed a wrong nerve. He is an interrogator, therefore he might have been hard on her. But she has been his only friend in these dark times. He should have been more careful. But then he decides to leave. He has to trust her for one more time.

And he leaves and shuts the door. But the door to her terrible past has already been opened by the arrival of major abhimanyu and now the interrogation by rajveer.

***********************************

Rajveer decides to go to wall of fame to talk to naveen to gain some strength. But as soon as he is about to go, Alekh signals him to talk. They go to his quarters.

Rajveer checks his room for any bug so that they can talk in private.

Rajveer : What is it, cadet?

Alekh : Did you talk to Shalini ma'am??

Rajveer's face becomes dull at this mention. Alekh understands his emotions. It is easy to win a fight against your enemy but very difficult to even initiate a fight against your friend.

Alekh : It's ok sir. As far as I have known Shalini ma'am, she shouldn't be doubted.

Rajveer gets restless. He himself was regretting his decision to confront her like this, and now alekh is also making him more guilty.

Rajveer : Is there something else you want to talk about?

Alekh : Yes sir. I went to Dr ritu's quarters to check. I think i have found something.

He hands over a sim to rajveer.

Rajveer : Is this ritu's number?

Alekh : No i have checked it. It's not her number, at least not her official number. Rather its someone's else.

Rajveer : Abhimanyu?

Alekh : No, its a number taken on a fake name of Ram Setu. But there were few numbers saved on the sim. And one number had the name "Chief" and the other name was of "Aira".

Rajveer : Who are these Chief and aira. Get their number details out.

Alekh : Woah. I am just a cadet. I can't do so much without getting into their radar. I think you might need someone else's help.

Rajveer : Yes, you are right. I know exactly who might help us 😉. Now off to your class.

Rajveer dismisses him.

Rajveer : Aira? Chief? Who are you? It might mean there are more people to it. This is getting more difficult to decode.

Someone hugs him from back. But he doesn't get scared.

Naina : Huh? You are so comfortably fine. You didn't get scared.

Rajveer turns towards her and takes her both hands in his own.

Rajveer : That is why I am a special officer in the intelligence. I know who sneaks into my room and at what time. And you are mine. How can i ever not identify your presence 😉

Naina : Aah, flirtatious.

Rajveer : Whats bad in this.

Naina : Aaah now you can flirt because i am no longer your protege.

She makes a sad face.

Rajveer : Dramebaaz, you know there is a reason. And i know you haven't met your mentor yet??

Naina nods positively.

Rajveer : Naina i told you to trust me. You have to keep an eye on him and this is the best way. Now trouble him the way you used to do with me.

Naina : Trouble? Is that what i have always done. You are so mean.

She makes an angry pout.

Rajveer : Ok baba. Listen i cant really tell you everything. But this is all my plan to pair you with abhimanyu. I want you to extract as much information from him as possible.

Naina : I know. You don't need to worry. I have already started my work. After all whose protege i am.

Rajveer : Abhimanyu's 😉

Naina : Yikes...I will always be your protege 😔.

Rajveer hugs her tightly and kisses her forehead.

Rajveer : Obviously. You will always be mine. Naina, there are a lot of dark times coming in our future. I want you to always trust me and support me. Only you can make me go through it.

Naina examines his face silently. He has so much love for her, so much trust for her.

Naina : I have already decided to take away your pain. Don't worry i will walk into any of your deadliest battles. I am with you.

Rajveer sees a glint of determination.

Rajveer : Actually i have never been loved by someone like this. Thank you is not enough.

Naina : Yes that's true. Now just hug me. And dont say anything except you love me.

And she hugs him tightly and closes her eye.

After spending some quality time alone, she leaves for her hostel.

***********************************

When naina reaches her hostel room, she finds an uninvited guest already waiting for her.

Naina : What are you doing here?

***********************************

Here is another update. What is it that Dr Shalini is hiding? Will it change their course of investigation? Will they be able to unfold this new truth?

Stay tuned ❤

I know i am leaving another secret open ended 😉😉. But keep guessing!!! 🙈

Keep reading, voting and sharing your feedback 😊.

Naina 💕