Ducks and Bubbles

Chanyeol paced around the house looking through every nook and corner for Baekhyun but he wasn't there-gone without a trace.

He started to panic because what if that person got to him first?

Chanyeol was so worried that he didn't go through his daily routine of hiding in the bathroom to tend to his wounds before going to bed.

Now that Baekhyun wasn't here, he didn't have to hide his injuries or flinch away from Baekhyun worried that the smaller will stop him from this whole dangerous journey.

It wasn't until a text from Sehun that Chanyeol visibly relaxed but then had an empty feeling in the pit of his stomach.

Baek is with me. He seems really sad but I'll take care of him.

Chanyeol groaned as he settled in the living room all silence and no laughter or smiles because Baekhyun wasn't here.

These few weeks he had been distancing himself from the smaller so it's no wonder why Baekhyun seems sad.

He wanted to rush over to Sehun's and take his pup with him but he knew that he was safer there and would feel better than facing him who wasn't here most of the day.

Even though Chanyeol resented himself he still hated that vile person who wants to kill Baekhyun more.

He had thoughts but what if Sehun was involved in this? No, he couldn't just pin whoever without concrete evidence.

Reluctantly, Chanyeol dialed Baekhyun's number and waited and waited and waited before it went to voicemail.

Sehun glanced over at the smaller when a ringtone interrupted him, he quickly pulled the phone out which happened to be by the nightstand, and saw Chanyeol's smiling face flashing across the screen.

In an impulsive move, he silenced the phone just as Baekhyun was about to stir awake. The smaller scrunched his eyebrows before clutching on the blanket tighter.

Sehun hardened his expression as he pulled the blanket higher beneath Baekhyun's chin and his own.

~~~~~

Chanyeol sighed before falling exhausted on the couch. Everything was getting to him-the puzzles, thrill, and danger. He used to love no was addicted to these things. He loved the excitement of eliciting pain on others, living each day with no worry, and nothing to protect.

But now that Baekhyun is here he felt scared-terrified of everything worried about the smaller and if he was safe or not. Chanyeol still enjoyed the danger in things just not if it relates to his hubby in any way.

He slowly went up the steps and decided to take a shower when he spotted a corner of a notebook by the nightstand.

December 1st
Dear Baekhyun,
Why are you so sad? Chanyeol is just busy. He still loves you.

December 2nd
You love Chanyeol. Right?

December 3rd
I do.

December 4th
Do I?

December 5th
I'm trying my very best. He doesn't have anyone else.

December 6th
He hates me. But I love him.

December 7th
I knew that this would happen. Nayeon was right. Chanyeol should marry her. She has everything that I don't and now he lost his love for me too.