the end - YOONSEOK

Yoongi and Hoseok stood in front of a vending machine. Their long, quiet but awkward date night had made them long for a pick me up, a drink of some kind.

They both knew something was coming up. There was no hiding from the lack of hope they had in their own relationship. No, the hardest part of splitting was knowing when the right time was. It felt like they'd regret a little bit of it later.

That was the point, of course.

Yoongi scanned the refreshments waiting to fall. Money already in the machine.

"So, what do you want?" Yoongi asked, eyes not leaving the numbers on the keypad.

"Cola." Hoseok answered. He smiled, seeming fake. He waited for Yoongi to look back at him.

It took only three minutes to part ways.

"You don't drink cola." Yoongi said knowingly. He hadn't put in the number of the sugary drink just yet, waiting for an answer.

"But I like cola." Hoseok answers. The smile gracing his face not fading at all. Yoongi wanted nothing more than to wipe it off. Stop being this way.

The countdown to the end was reaching its set of zeros. Two minutes remain counting down slowly. There's no turning back at this point.

Yoongi put the order in, taking his drink and Hoseok's. They stood in silence. Yoongi's drink remained closed, Hoseok taking big gulps. Alcohol works best for situations like these, Hoseok might've thought. But cola leaves a weird taste after, so it's enough.

Yoongi toyed with the metal opening of his drink. He wanted to drink in peace, saving the drink for later.

Hoseok's hand moved for the drink to try and help him, thinking the tired uncaring way of opening the bottle was due to the fact he couldn't open it.

Hoseok sighed when Yoongi flinched back, taking the cola away from him.

Yoongi wondered why Hoseok hadn't left by now. Everyone knew he didn't love Yoongi. Did the younger just want to be seen as a good person until the end? Is he really just a coward?

Yoongi decided to be the one to let go. For their sake.

It's two minutes thirty seconds now. Maybe less than that.

Maybe there's only a minute left, Yoongi wasn't counting.

"Should we just end it here?" Yoongi asked, a questioning smile forming.

"What?" Hoseok asked. He was surprised, not thinking this day would come so early, also ending from Yoongi's side too. He always thought he'd have to break it off first.

Less than a minute is left.

"It's just..." Yoongi didn't know what to say. How does he explain why he wants to break up when the only reason being valid was the knowing accusation that Hoseok doesn't love him?

"You sometimes make me look bad." Hoseok said. The smile now gone. He left. Yoongi watched, not expecting such reaction. He crouched down, not wanting any signs of weakness to be seen.

He doesn't know how long he stayed at the same spot, but his feet took him back to the station. Tears still running down his face, sobbing.

Hoseok could only glance, car making its way down the road.

Hoseok had always said he couldn't live without the older. How did he expect the other to believe that when he'd leave the house for hours or even days. Phone calls not ringing throughout the empty house.

No, it was fated to end.

Happy Thanksgiving! I didn't actually do anything to celebrate. I watched The Justice League and my nerd ass was fucking crying because The Justice League and Injustice League have such a big place in my heart when it comes to teams and comics and I just– they did so much justice to my boy Cyborg. And Barry was so cute throughout the whole thing I'm so gay. Hhh, what'd you guys do?