web up my heart - TAEGI

warnings: none really. it's just a marvel au 🤷‍♀️ cuz i'm obsessed and i haven't bothered to write in a while cuz i haven't had the energy to write because of personal matters, also read the notes at the end enJOY

yoongi shot a web towards the roof of a building, landing on the surface effortlessly. he had been on watch again, taking it upon himself to keep guard of his neighborhood, or to get ready and rush into any action. when it was another unsuccessful day, he decided to rest on a rooftop he was familiar with.

walking towards the ledge, he sat down, feet dangling. he took off his mask and looked around at the dark scenery in front of him. streetlights and car lights speeding past. he sensed the approaching footsteps but ignored them, he knew who those heavy steps belonged to. either way, he sensed no danger coming from the intruder.

"taehyung." was all yoongi said without looking back, a small smile on his face. the footsteps stopped for a moment before said male whined. "you and your spidey senses," taehyung walked over to the spot next to yoongi and took a seat. "watch out there, outside my name is deadpool." the younger said with a chuckle.

"when have you cared about staying low?" yoongi hummed. "you're hardly ever out of your costume." taehyung only shrugged at yoongi's words. "no one knows my name though." yoongi rolled his eyes.

"taehyung, you introduce yourself to people." yoongi said. taehyung only smiled at him. "but they never make it out alive to tell." taehyung stated as a matter of fact, not really caring about what he says to his victims. he killed for money, it was his lifestyle. after being experimented on and given the power to recover after every blow, no matter how life threatening, he thought he'd just go for the job.

"you said no more killing." yoongi reminded the other. taehyung only sighed and nodded. "no more killing, right." taehyung stayed true to his word, he'd leave his victims near death and let the cops handle it. whether they were dead or not wasn't taehyung's fault, technically the victim was alive when he had left. it was the cop's fault. yoongi has argued with his logic but gave up in the end.

they stayed quiet for a while. "doesn't it get boring, just swinging around and taking care of amateur robbers?" taehyung asked. "i protect this place, i don't kill." yoongi replied. he promised he wouldn't use his powers to kill. he believes in second chances, though that string is severed, and strongly holds onto the fact that a person is better off in a cell to think and wallow about everything instead of die without facing the consequences.

"dying is a consequence." taehyung says, now looking at yoongi's face. taehyung itched to take off the mask, knowing the other didn't care that he had scars on his neck and some on his face. it was just one of the rare days taehyung felt self conscious. but he knew yoongi didn't mind it either way. said male sighed, shaking his head. "you want to bring suffering to people that deserve it but give them a quick death instead," yoongi looked up to the anti-hero of sorts. "dying is probably the least of their worries."

"you must not know what i do to victims, then, when i kill them," yoongi raised an eyebrow at taehyung's words. the younger quickly corrects himself. "when i used to kill them." he says in an attempt to get the older to stop looking at him with his disappointed face.

"i honestly don't want to know." yoongi grimaces, looking back at the view at the neighborhood, the wind making him shiver a little. yoongi wrings at his mask, knowing he shouldn't leave himself exposed, he still had a life outside of being a hero he wanted to keep. he couldn't announce to the world he was spiderman like jin had some on live television. looking in the cameras and announcing he was iron man. how namjoon will always be respected by the world as a war hero.

yoongi was just someone working part time jobs while trying to look out for the little guy, a nickname he had started to call daegu. taehyung frowns, able to read yoongi's mind easily. since he had two voices constantly at battle in his head, reading other's wasn't too hard anymore.

"people love you," taehyung said, also looking at the view. "people feel safe now that you're a hero, safe that there's going to be someone on watch whenever ironman or captain are too busy. you should embrace that." the younger gave a small smile to the other behind the mask. taehyung knew yoongi idolized the avengers, but taehyung always wanted to remind yoongi he was better than all of them. the avengers wasn't too far from taehyung himself, except people appreciate it when the heroes kill people.

"they kill," taehyung said. "you don't." yoongi hummed at that, swinging his legs slightly over the edge. streets getting darker as the lights from apartment windows now slowly turned off one by one.

"they're heroes." yoongi says simply, thinking back to when jin had approached him and gave him his new spiderman suit because he didn't want to see yoongi fighting crime in a onesie.

"but they do everything i do." the other reminded. yoongi looks down at his hands and shrug, knowing taehyung was smarter than people made him out to be.

"is it on purpose?" yoongi asks. the taller of the two just lets out a sound of question, not knowing what goes through their heads when they kill.

"they kill innocent civilians but leave the villain alive," taehyung started to lean over the ledge, staring at the dark alleyway he would slip into. "i kill the bad guys, and only the bad guys." yoongi didn't say anything, just frowned.

"and i've watched everyone die in front of me," yoongi's voice was steely, his last word cracking. "and i could've done something about it, but i didn't because i was too weak. i could've prevented so many death's if i was just good at what i do yet people still praise me. why don't people resent me?" yoongi asks, voice low. taehyung has seen on news reports about how a fight yoongi was in burnt down a poor family's deli, how he wasn't fast enough to stop a bus from killing half the people in it. other instances yoongi has been in that has led to at least one death.

taehyung knows, but yoongi was different. the older's resolve as a hero; as a vigilante, was to save people. taehyung's resolve was to save himself, and so was the avenger's.

"you know, it's funny how i'm lecturing you about being a hero," taehyung chuckles. "but if my opinion is worth anything to you, i think you're great as you are, as yoongi or spiderman." yoongi blushes at the words as he looked the other way, ready to put the mask on to hide the red hue now spreading.

"you aren't too bad yourself." yoongi mumbles. the older always liked the other's presence, everyone had only cared about spiderman. no one cared about yoongi, not the kid stuck trying to produce music and get his own name out there. powers or not. taehyung smiles in admiration.

"catch you later bug boy." taehyung tells the older as he gives yoongi's shoulder a light squeeze before jumping off the building to catch a bus to his run down apartment, the heavy weight on the younger's shoulder now lighter. yoongi looked at the retreating figure and looked at the empty space the other was sitting at.

"catch you later." he whispered. he put his mask back on and webbed his way back home, a smile on his face. maybe everything was fine the way it was.

hey also ! i'm going to publish a miscellaneous one shot book where i write one shots of other groups (aka mostly ikon, monstax, nct, got7 and just boy groups cuz my ass can't write girl groups oops) and also i'm writing stuff with original characters some other writers and i have made (aka applyfics) so i guess be ready for when i publish the intro, thanks for waiting patiently for another chapter. i'll try my best to write more. 💜