Moving Back In

When Lucifer and I arrived at the apartments they were empty with two letters attatched on the door.

Lillith and Urushihara,

We had to leave for a while due to repairs. The landlady will contact us when we are okay to move back in.
~Ashiya~

Ashiya had been nice enough to leave the address to where our things were stored. And below that was a letter from the landylady with an okay to move back in.

I looked at the mailbox to see it was filled with many letters. "How long have we really been gone for?" I asked Lucifer as I played with my pendant. The pendant grew warm as he spoke.

"Several days can pass on Earth for each Ente Islan day," Lucifer responded turning red. He took my hand that was fidgeting with the necklace and held it. "Maybe we should call them to let them know, this letter was written over a week ago," he said looking at his phone. He dialed Ashiya who picked up immediately.

"Ah! The NEET is back!" He called out loudly. "Is Lilly better?"

"Yes. How long have we been gone?" Lucifer asked pinching the bridge of his nose.

"A little over two months. Why?"

"Well there's a notice from about a week ago stating we can move back in."

We could hear Ashiya relaying the message to Maou who was clearly frustrated and was trying to not cuss. "The sire says we'll be back in two days, if you could start getting stuff moved that be great."

I left Lucifer to finish talking to Ashiya while I checked the mail. There were several checks from the church, a letter from the land lady and two unmarked letters.

The first unmarked letter came from the church.

Lillith, it appears you visited Ente Isla without giving us information. We will be cutting your money and treating you as an enemy. You failed to meet our requirements and will meet the consequences.
Sincerely,
The Church

I pinched the bridge of my nose and decided to open the checks. Each was for a few grand. I sighed and decided to go cash them before the church revoked them.  I left Lucifer on the phone and walked to the closest bank and deposited all the money.

On my way back I saw a small blue haired man at the next window hitting on the teller. Shit, I thought to myself. It was Sariel. I quickly walked away and out of the building. I saw Lucifer walking near.

"Luci!" I called. I knew calling him by his true name in public would cause a commotion. He walked over to me. "We need to go home. Sariel is here." I whispered in an almost hiss.

Before Lucifer could even get a word in, my other hand was grabbed and I heard Sariels voice and immediately cringed. "Lilltih!! You look just as beautiful as you did when you were flowing with energy." I ripped my hand away and stepped on his foot.

"Don't. I don't want anything to do with you. You put Emi, Chiho and Urushihara in harms way, I won't let you do it again." I was very angry.

"Lil, you need to calm down. You're producing more energy then needed. I could see my reflection in the glass. I had a slight aura, currently it would be hard to see with the human eye but much more and they would.

"Go. I don't want to see you." I said looking Sariel in the eye. I stomped at him and he ran off. Once he disappeared I looked at Lucifer. "Lets call a moving truck, shall we?"

We spent the rest of our day moving stuff into the three apartments. Finally, once stuff was moved in, I settled down and realized I hadn't read the second unmarked letter. I sat on the floor in front of Lucifer, wrapped tightly in his arms while he played his game. I opened the letter and began reading.

Keep your eyes open. You are always being watched little sister.
-Brother

I must have sighed fairly loud cause Lucifer paused his game and waited for me to speak.

"What's wrong?" He asked unpausing his game.

I spoke as I watched him. "The church is considering me an enemy, they said because I didn't visit them on our trip there, they're cutting me off. And then my brother wrote me."

"What did he say?"

"To keep my eyes open. He's threatening me. He knows I'm here." I began to shake. I could feel the tears coming. My back began to ache. I felt the tears come and Lucifer stopped his game and turned so he could look at me.

"He won't hurt you. I promise. Not while your power is at it's peak. I've been almost back to full power since we got to Ente Isla and it hasn't stopped. I will protect you with my life. I'm sure Maou, Ashiya and Emi will when they come back too." He let me go and pulled his hands back to himself.. I saw his hands were red and wet. "They will pay." He said through gritted teeth. He helped me up and to the bathroom. I felt the pain as soon as I stood up. Lucifer helped support me. He sat me down on the edge of the bathtub. He disappeared and reappeared with a cup.

I watched his slow movements, he gingerly poured water across my back to wash the blood off. He patted my back dry but his face said it was still bleeding. He decided to bandage up my back. He slid his shirt off and handed it to me. He turned and waited outside the door frame.  I slid my shirt off slowly. I put his shirt on and stood up. I put a hand on the wall to steady myself. Lucifer turned around.

"Last time I had to dress you." I couldn't recall the last time. I remember him telling me about it though. He steadied me, "Which room are you sleeping in tonight?" He asked.

"Yours. Please." I wanted to feel safe. I felt safest in his presence. So he helped me stumble in pain to his room. He got me situated his his bed. He stood to leave and I grabbed his wrist. "I'm just gonna go shut the lights and stuff off. I'll be back." He disappeared and I was left alone in the dark. I pressed my hand to the necklace and it glowed a light purple in the dark. Lucifer came back in and turned on a light.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Getting a shirt."

"No. Just come here." He shrugged and turned the light off. I pressed my face to his bare chest. He let his fingers lightly trace my back. He held my hand that was draped over his stomach. His skin felt so soft beneath my touch. I didn't want to ever leave.

I could feel his breathing starting to even out. But in the dark his voice found it's way to me. "Lillith?"

"Yes?"

"I won't let anyone hurt you. I love you too much for anything to happen to you."

I smiled. "I love you too Lucifer." And soon enough we drifted off to sleep.