Babys first step

Paul pov

I was upstairs in the guest room, drawing a random sketch of a person. I don't know who, but I'll figure that out when I'm done. "PAUL!" Patryck's voice boomed from down stairs, I fall out of my leather chair and quickly pull out my gun from my holster and ran down the steps almost tripping; when I took my stance and was fully aware with my gun ready to shoot whoever was messing with my family, Patryck quickly stopped me. "Honey! No gun, no one's here." He informed me, calming me down. I put away my weapon and scolded him. "If their is no one intruding why are you screaming!?" Pat turned his head to the side, looking at Tord who was playing with his stuffed cat Edd and his family got him for his birthday. "He was taking his first steps until you tumbled down." I smiled at the thought of my one year son walking, but slightly dropped because if Pat didn't yell for me to come (or I  had my head phones on) I wouldn't get to see my boy walk, and because I disturbed him making him fall; what if he starts walking when we're not paying attention an we miss this magical moment.

I grabbed Patryck's hand and lead him to our son. I tell him to take out the camera and start recording, I was behind Tord helping him stand; softly gripping the sides of the boy who was having trouble staying still. It took awhile for me to keep him still, but when that was done I slowly let go of Tord. (My finger tips were still placed on his back because if he falls backwards I'll feel like it's my fault.) He stayed still, slightly swaying side to side; but he was still standing. Patryck was holding his hand out for Tord, the baby smiled when he saw his dad reaching for him. Tord took a small step, my heart skipped a beat and Patryck gasped, placing his hand over his mouth.

"Come on baby, c-come to daddy!" Pat cried softly into his hand. I smiled at my two prizes and watched Tord taking another step, then another. "You're going to make me cry, Tord!" Tord giggled and clapped his hands as if he was proud of himself, but I'm sure he knows that we are proud of him.

He finally stumbled to Patryck who was having a crying attack. "My baby is growing up!" I took the camera from him and record the too.

The whole day we taught Tord to walk a little straighter, he was learning fast.