Chapter 32: Wanna Shower With Me?

[Quick A/N: Dedication to Assshhleey for being the first person to take an interest in my story with hilarious comments. Means the world. Thank you for making me smile <3
Song for chapter:
- Ellie Goulding // The Writer]

A stream of sunlight peeked out of a crack in the curtain, warming my entire face and making everything behind my lids orange. Squirming uncomfortably, I buried my head deeper into my rock hard pillow, surprised that it was emanating a delicious warmth that toasted me from head to toe.

Now that I was no longer spotlighted by the annoying sun's glare, I focused on the throbbing kicks that induced pain behind my skull, like somebody was hitting my skull as if it was a piñata. I groaned, breathing deeply to ease my pounding headache. Confusion clouded my judgement when the mouthwatering scent of sandalwood, soap detergent and lemon aftershave filled my nostrils.

My bed sheets usually smelt like jasmine with the slight hint of strawberry from my shampoo. This particular smell made my nose ache for a greater whiff, so I inhaled deeply and sighed with satisfaction. I made a mental note to ask Mom to use this soap detergent more often when I could summon the energy to roll out of my bed and make an appearance for breakfast.

Slowly, I willed my lids to open, wincing that I was still wearing my contact lenses from last night. They were stinging slightly, but the discomfort was nowhere near as bad as my pounding head. My eyes landed on a navy blanket dotted with stars and for a moment I thought I was outside, waking up to the night sky. But then I looked across the room at the blinding ray of sunlight that woke me up.

Where the hell was I?

"Holy shi–" I broke off when it dawned upon me that my pillow was in fact a human being.

My first instinct should have been to scramble out of the bed and scream Tyler's bedroom down until the foundations of the house shook.

But I didn't.

Instead I lifted my head to gawk at my sleeping pillow, relishing at the serene mask he wore as he snored lightly.

Tyler's golden hair was sprawled messily over his forehead and I bit back the urge to push it back. His eyelashes, thick and long, were several shades darker than his hair and rested on his cheeks. A ghost of a smile pulled the corners of his lips up just a fraction and I marvelled at how beautiful he was.

I wondered if he was having a good dream and I smiled at the comforting fact that I didn't have a single nightmare last night. If there wasn't a drum being struck repeatedly against my skull, I would have gladly admitted that this sleep was the best I had ever had.

Pushing the bed sheets down so that they were no longer tucked under my chin, I gasped at the revelation that Tyler wasn't wearing a shirt. Alarmed that my pillow for the night had been chiselled pectoral muscles, I tried to scramble back, only to find that I was stuck.

I was literally stuck.

Tyler had a leg strung over my thigh, sandwiching both my legs between his. His ankles were wrapped around mine and I wondered how on earth I was going to untangle my body from his.

Squirming gently, I tried to detach myself but his arms tightened around me, plastering my body against his.

With a defeated sigh, I reluctantly relaxed against Tyler's chest, burying my face into his neck. The conscious voice in my mind screamed that it wasn't good idea to be so close to him, but my head fit perfectly into the crook of his neck so I couldn't care less.

Resting my chin resting against his collarbone, his delicious scent wafted around me, mingling with the sharp tangy beer that came from my stiff curls.