Chapter 68: Should I Mention The 'P' Word Or Not?

[A/N: Songs for the chapter:
- Zedd // Lost At Sea
- Taylor Swift // Sparks Fly]

The next morning Tyler turned up to my house an hour after Mom left for work. I was too busy snoring and rolling over in my bed to realise that there was somebody else in my house until I heard the sound of pans clanging downstairs but still, I didn't think there was any more to it - because when you're half asleep, it doesn't matter if the world around you is on fire...all that matters is you and your bed.

Once in a while, you experience the most addictive sleep and it's sweeter than candy and so toasty it feels like you're sitting in front of a fireplace. You're warm and content and everything in the world will feel right. Well, I was having one of those because for the first time this month I was sleeping in my own bed.

All was right in the world.

That is until a certain Mr Grumpy kicked the door open to my bedroom and screamed, "ROOM SERVICE FOR MISS MARTIN!"

Bolting upright, I practically shat bricks as I rubbed my eyes and quickly threw on my glasses, ready to fly kick the imposter out of the window. Then the imposter grinned, and shoved a breakfast tray onto my lap before throwing themself on top my legs.

"Morning munchkin, did you miss me?"

Bear in mind that I was still frozen and pretty much in shock as I blinked at Tyler slowly, struggling to come to terms with the fact that he had ruined the best sleep I've ever had in my entire life. A scowl found it's way to my lips and in that moment I was ready to bare my claws and scratch his eyeballs out.

"You look mad. Why are you mad?" He asked cluelessly, rolling over so that he was strewn across my thighs with his head resting on my stomach.

The breakfast tray on my lap almost toppled over so I quickly grabbed it and flashed him a death glare. Grinding my teeth together, I carefully placed it on my bedside table before wriggling my legs from under Tyler. Deep breaths, I willed myself quietly in my head as I headed straight for the door.

"Hey, I made you breakfast!" He called out as I slammed the door behind me to go and brush my teeth. Seconds later I heard him scoff and grumble, "Women!"

When my face was no longer contaminated with sleep and my breath smelt fresher than daisies, rainbows and all happy things; I stormed back into my bedroom, finally ready to eradicate Tyler's existence from the world. He was busy snooping through my bookshelf, holding a black book in his hands as he flicked through the pages with a nostalgic smile. I cleared my throat and he spun around with a sheepish smile and patted the bookshelf like he'd been caught doing something naughty.

"I may hate reading but this book is actually surprisingly good," He held up 'Looking For Alaska' by John Green. Unimpressed, I arched an eyebrow and he awkwardly put it back in it's place before mumbling, "Taylor made me read it."

Narrowing my eyes into paper-thin slits, I followed him as he trudged back to my bed. I continued to glare at him, still mourning over the loss of my beautiful sleep as Tyler failed to hold my gaze and stared at his Vans.

He finally broke the silence when my death glare became too much for him to handle.

"Umm, should I mention the 'P' word or not?"

My eyes flashed with horror before I edged towards him in a threatening demeanour.

"What did you say?"

"You know, the word you always tell me not to say even though we both know there's gushing red waterfall between your legs–"

"Tyler!" I snapped and his closed his mouth instantly.