Chapter 66: Showering With The Bad Boy

[A/N: Songs for the chapter lmao:
- Travis Porter // Make It Rain
- Zedd // Find You
- Katy Perry // Hummingbird Heartbeat ❤️]

I spent the next few days staring up the cracks on the ceiling whilst the nurses changed my bandages. Boredom filled most of my time so I was on edge with excitement when Tyler told me that Mona and Blake were coming to see me again.

They visited me briefly after I woke up from my coma, showering me with sloppy kisses and Blake held Mona back as she cried on top of me, sobbing hysterically that she thought I was going to die. He sent her down to get them both coffee, giving us time to catch up alone.

I was glad he didn't fuss over me like everybody else, instead he sat on the edge of my bed and told me about everything I had missed at school. Apparently there was a shrine of flowers outside my locker and there were many speeches given during graduation to wish for Tyler and my well being.

After their first visit, I cried myself to sleep because moments before their arrival I forgot how old I was when my dad and I planned to go to Disneyland. Mom had to sit down with and go through the numerous memories I had forgotten but I was still distraught I couldn't remember something so simple. It was like searching for a word that was on the tip of my tongue. Except memories were a great deal bigger to forget so why couldn't I grasp hold of them anymore?

Right now, I was glad my friends were here to visit me again to distract me from reality. I was getting exhausted of spending the start of what was supposed to be the summer of my life holed up in a boxy room filled with wilting flowers and 'get well soon' cards.

Tyler was leaning against the doorway of my room, gazing at me with a soft smile whilst Mona sat beside me, holding her hand of cards away from me so I couldn't see her set.

"Blake give me your nines," I held out a hand, grinning wickedly when he grunted and handed me three cards.

After my turn was over, he asked me to give him all my kings. Glancing at my set of three cards, I gave him a disappointed look. His face lit up and a cocky smirk stretched the corners of his lips up until I let my feigned frown flip around.

"Go fish!" I sniggered with a smug smirk.

Seated at the foot of my bed, Blake leaned over my legs and reluctantly picked up a card from the mountainous mess on my hospital bed. He shot me a filthy look but I was too focused on peeking at Mona's cards as she leaned away from me.

Ten minutes later and I was conducting a happy dance in my bed, flailing my arms around my head like a drunk hooligan.

"I won! I won! I won!" I squealed, waving my empty hands in the air as my friends smacked their cards down.

"No you cheated," Blake grunted as I grabbed a handful of cards and threw them into the air.

"You wanna see some ass, I wanna see some cash. Keep the dollars coming, and that's gonna make me dance, and that's gonna make me dance," I sang at the top of my lungs as Tyler doubled over with laughter. "Make it rain trick, make it make it rain trick!"

I threw my head back, laughed hysterically and watched Blake curse under his breath as he gathered all the cards and shuffled them. Grinning profusely, I met Tyler's eyes. He flashed me floppy grin that heightened my happiness. I nudged my shoulder against Mona but she grumbled and stood up.

"No way. I'm not playing again. You cheated again Ashley!" She picked her bag off the floor and slung it over her shoulders. "I refuse to sit through another one of these fixed games."

"I did not cheat!" I crossed my arms over my chest and shot her a smug smile. "You're just jealous because you lost five times."

"Stop lying!" She scoffed and straightened her white, floral dress by pulling up the strapless neckline.