:: 4 ::

BRUNO

The second the woman left out of the office, Tessa slammed the door shut and glared heatedly at me while I was fixing myself up. She waited until she heard the front door closed and that was her cue to really rip it into me. "Really, Bruno? Here am I about to bring you some good news and you're fucking some tramp-looking ass bitch in your office!?"

"Damn it, Tessa. I didn't think you was gonna come in early today!" I hated when she got this upset with me. I made myself comfortable on the window sill seat that showed a view of the Los Angeles skyline.

"Oh, so having sex with girls in your office is perfectly fine?" Tessa threw her hands up in the air, becoming even more frustrated. "Oh, my bad! I didn't get that memo when I was offered the job of being your manager!"

"Look, I know it was wrong and fucked up to have you walk in here and see that. I'm sorry about that, Tessa." I apologized.

"Bruno, I don't condone this shit! How many times are you gonna keep doing this!?" Tessa was usually patient with her clients but when it came down to me, her tolerance with anything going wrong was low, especially when I kept constantly fucking up. She had to calm down because yelling at me was not going to make things any easier. "How long is this gonna go on?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"The fact that you keep sleeping with all these different women to numb your loneliness! What happened between you and -"

"We broke up, remember? She was too passive for me."

I couldn't really date anyone because each woman ended up acting the same way around me. They were either submissive or had an acquiescent personality just to please me. While most men would want a woman like that, that wasn't appealing to me. Quite frankly, I got bored easily if a woman would do whatever I wanted without question.

I needed someone who wasn't afraid to ground me, tell me when I'm wrong, go toe-to-toe with me, one who would willingly say 'they would kick my ass' if I were to ever mess up or do something crazy. That's all I really wanted: a woman with an independent spirit and a little attitude.

Tessa came up and sat next to me, holding my hand. "Bruno, you can't be messing with all these girls like this. It's not healthy and you're gonna mess around and catch something that you can't get rid of. I know you don't want that."

I gave her a silent look, "I'm just tired of being alone, Tessa."

Tessa nodded in understanding. "I know that, Bruno. Hell, everyone knows that. You'll find the right person someday. Until then, try to keep Gorilla Gene intact."

'I can't promise that.' I thought to himself, but I gave Tessa a smile before giving her a small kiss on the cheek. "Thanks, Tessa. Lil sexy mama."

"sit your ass down somewhere!" Tessa playfully shoved me away. Now that I felt a little better, she could get back to the task at hand. "Now, before you went and fucking scarred me for life, I have found someone for the security detail position."

I smiled from hearing the good news. "See, I knew I could count on you, girl! Who is it?"

"She's a longtime friend of mine from college. You'll meet her at the Grammys' tomorrow night when you perform."

A friend of Tessa's? That ought to be interesting. "What's she like? You got a picture of her somewhere on your phone?" I asked.

"Damn, chill out, numb nuts," Tessa rolled her eyes at me. "You thirsty?"

"I'm just curious about what she looks like, that's all."

I wasn't going to be satisfied until I got a glimpse of her. A small peek wouldn't hurt. Tessa took out her phone and searched through her gallery to see if she had any recent pics of her. After coming across one, she showed it to me. "Here we go. Isn't she pretty?"