:: 42 ::

ELISE

It had surprised that despite it being around one in the afternoon, there were barely any cars on one of most busiest highways. Cruising down the desolate street gave me the chance to take in some of Barcelona's beauty before we arrived at the Palau Sant Jordi. Despite all my bravado back in the hotel room, anxiety was slowly winning which was unusual for me.

Callie's cellphone that had rested on her dashboard mount buzzed loudly, breaking the silence that had been presented ever since the car ride had began. The lyrics from the song, "California Love" by the legendary Tupac played on her phone and Callie began to bob her to the classic rap song. I chuckled from how she always got turnt up whenever his music came on. She had mad respect and love for him.

Peering at her phone, Tessa's name flashed up on the caller ID. "Aren't you gonna answer that?" I questioned, not wanting to interrupt her music flow.

Callie regarded me with a quick nod and she pressed the 'answer' button before putting it on speaker. "Yo! Talk to me, T!"

"Hey, Callie! Did you manage to get Elise out of that damn room?"

From that statement, my small lips formed into a pout and Callie did nothing snickered from my reaction. "Yep, I got her out of there."

"Hey, Tessa," I greeted her on the phone. "How's it going?"

"A lot better knowing that I get to see your face after going AWOL for a whole week."

"Listen, we'll be at the arena soon," Callie mentioned, realizing that we were only twenty minutes away from the venue. "See you when we get there."

"All right, then! Ciao, my lovelies!"

Tessa hung up without so much as saying goodbye, but she had probably had some things to take care of, so I didn't really concerned myself with it. The car was quiet again and my thoughts immediately went back to Bruno. I wanted to talk to him about us, but my resolve was once again crumbling about discussing where we stand in our relationship. Why was I feeling this way? Was it because I isolated myself from Bruno long enough that seeing him again would seem foreign to me? Almost as if we were strangers?

Callie must have sense my apprehension and was reaching up to her radio to find something to give me a bit of a distraction. "I'm gonna turn on some music to clear our minds because I can't deal with this silence."

Messing with the radio, the low and blurring sounds of static jerked in and out of connection and she settled on a station that had a crystal clear sound.

U got, u got it bad / When you're on the phone / Hang up and you call right back

Callie quickly changed the station when I shrunk against the passenger seat, the choice of music not warranted at the moment. "Okay, let's look for something else." She searched for another station for us to listen to and it was merely seconds before she landed on another bad ballad.

No, I don't want no scrub / A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me

"Nope, that ain't it, either," Callie realized that the last thing I needed to hear was a song about a broke man who wanted a woman who had it all and didn't want nothing to do with him. The song really didn't applied to mine and Bruno's situation at all, but it wasn't helpful. All these bad song choices did not deter Callie and she wasn't about to give up. She tried one last time and the station she landed on this time had the one of the biggest heartbreaks playing on the radio.

Spinning around and around / Although we've come to the end of the road

Callie growled under her breath and turned the radio off altogether, "You know what, silence is good right now."