:: 33 ::

Bruno's Hotel SuiteB-aparthotel Moretus [Antwerp, Belgium

Bruno's Hotel Suite
B-aparthotel Moretus [Antwerp, Belgium.]
March, 29 2017. 9:15 A.M.

BRUNO

I couldn't function at all right now.

I'll admit that I messed up numerous times in the past, but it had never been like this.

I was literally in a haze when the sun began to rise from the horizons of Antwerp. The next day came quicker than I would have liked as I stared out of the large, glass window of my suite. No matter how much I wanted this situation to disappear from my thoughts, it would taunt me and remind me of how much of a fool I was. I haven't had a wink of sleep and the events from the night before were replaying in my head over and over and over again.

~ ~ ~

Callie stumbled back a bit from my confession, the heaviness of my words seizing her ability to respond appropriately. I knew it would catch her off guard, but I wasn't prepared for what she would say next. "Oh my God. . .No, no, no, no, no. . .Bruh, no. Please tell me you're pulling my leg with that bullshit. . ."

Her words made me even more shame swell up within me and I did nothing but nod slowly at her. "I wish I was, but I'm not. I might be a potential father."

Callie exhaled and swept a hand across her face, exasperated beyond reason. I couldn't blame for behaving the way she was. "We're only one show in and this shit happens? C'mon, man! Do you not know the words "strap up"? And don't even think about saying "pull out" because that shit don't always work!"

"I know that!" I'm angry to the point where I'm taking my frustrations out on Callie. "You think I want this to be happening right now?!"

"You are better than this, B," Callie consoled me as I paced about in the room. "How could you be so careless? What were you thinking when you laid down with that woman? That she wouldn't say anything? And does Elise even know about your promiscuity?"

I simply shook my head at her, "No, she doesn't." Just about everyone was either skeptical or downright against me and Elise being together. On the other hand, Callie was the only one who has done nothing but try to help and support my relationship with her. 

"Bruno, let me ask you something." Callie's brows furrowed. "When Mya told you that she was pregnant, did you actually take her claim at face value? Did she show you any proof that she was carrying your child?"

I was taken off-guard by that question, "Why would you ask that?"

"Because there's a slight chance that this woman might be trying to trap you!" Callie stated. "I shouldn't have to explain this to you, but I'll go ahead and do it anyway. Most women these days only try to sleep with men like you, so they can get pregnant and have kids in order to get money out of you. It's a sad reality, but it's the truth."