Entry #27

And people say you're too old to be liking childish things. You're too old to be shrieking over some girl band who broke up already. You're too old to be head-banging to Taylor Swift songs and you're too old to be obsessing over a latin girl that's younger than you.

But some people also say you're too young to be working in this environment. You're good, one of the best, but you're too young to be promoted. You're too young to be working with people twice your age. And you're definitely too young so they can't accept that you're actually better than them.

You're old enough to be living in a city far away from home, far from your family, with only your cat to rely on. You're old enough to earn some money but too young to earn enough. You're just in the right age to be getting by.

And you're torn because you're not sure if you're old or you're young and you're tired that you can't be someone in the middle.

You're old enough to be in a relationship but you're too young to settle down. You're too old to be talking with kids but you know they make more sense than those who call themselves adults.

So you shut your mouth when old people talk, because you are too young to talk back. And you shut your mouth when talking to young people because you're too old to be even talking to them.

And those people in your age are as torn as you so they aren't really an option.

05:20