Chapter 2: Ghosty

I'm  really busy on Saturday, so I'm posting this Friday!

Danny's POV

I find myself on top of my laptop with the sun blazing from the window.  "Morning already?" I asked myself. I may not need much sleep, but I still need to sleep from time to time. It was actually lucky that I got this much sleep without a nightmare.

I walk to the bathroom and start to freshen up.

*Thirty Minutes*

I walked out with new clothes and a clean body. I was wearing a black shirt with striped long-sleeves and some normal blue jeans. I sat on the couch and opened the TV.

"... And Ghosty strikes again. Leaving yet another act of vandalism on the bell of this very clock tower. Now to Grant for more information..." The news lady said before I switched it to some cartoon.

I have to admit though. I did the crime. After staying at the ghost zone for a while, I learned to slightly embrace a ghost true nature—malevolence. I don't do anything too drastic, just small little acts, like vandalism.

It was just a drawing of a ghost, a little crime. I don't see how it's worthy of the news or even how in a city of crime, they'd notice, specifically mine! But seriously, Ghosty?!? They couldn't have thought of anything else?

My stomach grumbled, telling me to get off my butt and get some breakfast. Luckily, it's a Sunday. So, I don't have to go to Dr. Quill's clinic for work today.

I closed the TV and began my, quite sluggish, trek to the café near my apartment.

*Twelve Minutes & 43 Seconds Later*

I spot the 'Café Kestrel' AKA, my destination. The whole Café is centered around the small bird called the Kestrel.

The small bell rang as I entered the place. I was greeted by the cashier.

"Hey, Danny! Nice to see you again," he said. We had met a few weeks ago when I first came here. We had so many common interests, like comic books, video games, burgers, and some other things. I didn't tell him any personal things or of my personal matters. However, I did think of us as friends.

"Hello, Aster. Nice to see again." I greeted back, smiling. I would usually fake a smile in front of normal people. Mainly because of how ignorant they are. They turn on the most loyal people in just a second. But, Aster, he was different. I actually felt like I could trust him.

"Would ya like a Nutella crepe? They're to die for." Aster suggested. I let a little laugh at the indirect pun.

"I'd like that. I'd also like a lemonade on the side." I replied.

Aster then told someone to make it and came back to his station. "It's my break right now. So why don't I sit with you?" I agreed, not wanting to be rude to a possible friend.

We then sat together. A few seconds of silence past. "So... I have a dog. Its name is Vito. I think it means life."

'The exact opposite of me' I thought. Then I asked, "Why are telling me this?"

"Ya know. Talking about yourself might get the other person to talk about themselves too." It was a little surprising to hear this from him. Before, I only thought of him as a jokey kind of person.

"When did you get so smart?"

"When I was born, duh." He cleverly stated, as if it was the most obvious thing.

*A Little While Later*

I heard my name being called, so I went to get my food.

"So with what I'm getting at: ya got an owl, ya fix machinery, ya use to want to be an astronaut, and ya live on your own." Aster concluded our talk as I walk back to our table. I know I shouldn't give a stranger too much information, but I trust him.

"Basically." I said as I sat down. A little kestrel was painted on my plate. I ate a piece of the crepe. I have to say: it is to die for. It was delicious! I still don't know how this place isn't on the 'Five Top Restaurants in Gotham'. It was amazing!

Spotting my reaction,  he said, "I knew you'd enjoy it!" with a cheeky smile. He has this, kind of, friendly vibe that always him.

A spent the last few minutes eating while Aster blabbered away. Afterward, I said goodbye to him and went back to my apartment.

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

by the way, this is what aster looks like (Picture not mine)

The vandalism that Danny did is above.

Really, give me your honest opinion; is it good or bad?

I'm seriously questioning myself.

<<Bat Fact>>

The movie that Batman watched on the night of his parents' death is titled "The Mark of Zorro".