Chapter 24: The Paper Street Party

Well is this what you want? An update?

Danny's POV

If you're a dunce and didn't know what Ember was, she's a doll (more of a marionette actually). And it's quite disappointing that I have to say this to get a point across, but I'll ignore it for now. (sorry to anyone who actually didn't know!)

I quickly step in to avoid any awkward silences. "Aster, you remember Emily, right?" We might be having a little quarrel, but there are guests over, and that'd leave a bad impression. 

It seemed that it dawned on her that the girl in front of him was Ember-or in this case, Emily. "Ah, heya Emily! Nice to meet'cha again!" He cheerfully spoke, trying his best not to spit any of my fettuccine Alfredo out.

"This is Jezebel, my sister! Zebby, this is Emily. She's Danny's roommate/maybe lover." He introduced, saying the last part quietly, but loudly enough for the entire room to hear.

"HEY!" Ember and I yelled at him, but he just let out a small chuckle.

"What up?" Jezebel greeted, raising her hand at Ember. At that moment, I noticed something on top of her hand.

"Ooh, what's that?" Ember questioned when she shook her hand, only noticing it now. Jezebel turned her hand, revealing a dark-skinned mark on top of it.  It looked like a star with six sides.

"Oh, that's just my birthmark." She said rather bored.  It was much cooler then my Florida shaped birthmark, that's for sure. As soon as she lowered her hand, her eyes went back to her phone, typing something.

"So Danny, where's your costume?" Aster eagerly asked. He's been wanting to know what it was for the past week, but I told him I wouldn't tell him until the day of the party.

"Give me a sec," I told him, heading towards the bathroom.

*SKIIIIIIIP*

"And here I am!" I yelled, sliding from the hallway and to the living room, where Aster, sho seemed to finish his plate and was currently talking to Ember about his dog, Vito. Jez was just texting to Clockwork-knows-who. They all looked up when I spoke.

I was wearing a nice black suit with fake patches of all sorts of designs. On top of where my heart should be there was a nice heart-shaped patch on the suit. My shoes were nice and polished, and a snazzy pair of white silk gloves. Fake stitches were put on the ends of my mouth, stretching up to make a smile. I was leaning on a nice red circular push-pin cane. There was a  light layer of makeup on my face to make it look way lighter than it was. But most of all, I had a nice pair of gray button eye contacts that made my eyes look like buttons.  To top it all off, there was a nice top hat on top of my gelled back hair.

A voodoo doll of sorts, a supposed pair to Ember's.

"Nice style," Jez said, nodding towards my direction.

"Whoa! You guys got cool costumes, they look really good condition too!" Aster marveled at us, a big smile laying on his face.

"Nice touch with the eyes, Babypop." Ember awkwardly stated, obviously trying to play it cool between us and failing at it.

"By the way Danny," Aster spoke, "I already figured you don't have anybody to take care of Spooky so I asked Zebby to do it." And that was the moment that Aster became a great friend to me. He was basically my life saver.

"And I replied with, 'Yeah sure, whatever.' " Jezebel continued, not bothering to look up from her phone.

"So are you gonna stay here or are you going to stay here or are you gonna go back to-"