Chapter 18: Drop It

Wattpad was being a butt and deleted a huge chunk of this chapter that I worked on! So I had to re-do it!

By the way, I think you guys misunderstood what I meant in 'Story After this One". I meant if I should continue another story that I posted! But, as I said, I took it down after a week. So no use crying over spilled milk!

Ember's POV

Danny took a menu from the side and hid his face, along with taking some tissues.

"Just drop it," I heard him mutter. I quietly nodded, knowing full well that he couldn't see me through the plastic menu.

I respected that he didn't want to continue the conversation. I picked up a menu and started to look through the food option,. Though, truthfully, I just wanted a little distraction.

Minutes past, and Aster finally returned. Suddenly, I let out a small sneeze.

"Excuse me." I mumble, taking a tissue and wiping my nose. I settle down the menu.

"Sorry for the long wait, had a problem with the latte machine. What drinks would ya want?" He cheerfully asked, lifting a little notepad.

"Mango smoothie for me." I replied, a little tense from the conversation I had with Danny.

"Vanilla milkshake," was Danny's short answer. His head was burrowed in the menu, like how one would do reading an interesting novel.

Aster seemed to have written down both of our drink orders at lightning speed. "I'll be back, with the drinks, then I'll take both of ya's orders!" And with that, he left.

Danny's POV

Minutes had past since Aster had left. I had wiped away the welling tears before they spilled. I took deep breaths, trying to calm my beating heart.

I knew it wasn't really Ember's fault for the conversation. Its simple curiosity, but I still felt obligated to be slightly mad at her for butting in.

I peaked slightly from the menu, looking at how Ember was doing. She was squirming awkwardly, fidgeting around with her fingers. She wasn't acting like her usual self because she didn't know what to do. I knew how she acted from experience.

Guilt suddenly took over me. I was being mad at her for such a silly affair.

"How's Indi doing?" I finally ask. Indi was Ember's boyfriend. She realized how terrible Skulker was and went with someone who shared the same interests as her.

Indi Gogh's another ghost who's color mostly comprised of shades of blue, other than his yellow beanie that is. His obsession is- Actually, I don't know. I just can't pin what it is. It's similar to Ember's obsession, but also not.

She instantly tenses at my sudden voice. It was quite obvious she was a little shocked at my sudden want of conversation. I know it.

"Me and Indi are going through a sort of rough patch..." she slowly started. I put down the menu, leaning into the conversation. I was intrigued. Lat time I saw them, they were the perfect couple.

She nervously put some of her hair behind her ear. "We've just been a bit  busy to hang around each other. I've got concerts to attend and so does he..." Her eyes fidgeted around the room.

Before I could say another word, a hand slammed down a milkshake on the table. I jumped back in surprise. I brought my eyes to the source of the hand, leading me to Aster.

"Here ya go, Danny!" He gave a closed eye smile.

He turned to Ember, giving her the mango smoothie she ordered. "And this is for the lady!"

He turned his head towards me. "So, Danny..." He trailed off. I raised my eyebrow.

"Are ya goin' to the party?" He asked, his eyes basically sparkling. I inwardly wince at his face of pure excitement and curiosity. It was just so... I can't put words to it. But it was an overload of... whatever it was.

I was cut off by Ember, like how she always does. And now, I must watch the conversation from the sidelines. Like I always do.

"Well of course he is!" She exclaimed with excitement. "And I will accompany him!" She pointed at herself, but something was twisted between her words. It sounded a bit like relief, maybe something else...

He whined, "Now I'll have to bring someone along with me too!" I furrow my eyebrows, confused by his statement.

Aster seemed to notice this, and started to explain himself. "You're bringin' ya girlfriend, so I have to bring someone one with equivalent value!" I tensed at the word girlfriend, and I heard Ember facepalm from across the table.

We ended up explaining how we aren't dating, and how I'm not looking for anyone and that Ember already has a boyfriend.

"Oops, sorry!" Aster apologized giving out a sheepish smile.

"It's fine, dude." Ember grinned, patting Aster on his back.

"Terahook!" I heard a man shout towards us. "Get back to work or no free sugar cookies!" He was looking directly at Aster, who simply nodded and smiled. I seriously think he's unable to frown. Smiling was like a second nature to him!

"Sorry about that, Lucas!" He shouted back, He quickly turned back to us, pen ready to take notes."Now, what would d'ya folks want to take a bite of?"

Ember started to list off a series if desserts, and more. Even though this would cost so much money, I let out a soft smile, happy that this was my life. Happy that this re-do of a life is going good.

_____________________________________

Sorry for the shortness but I hope this will make up for it!

It's Indi Gogh!

It's a simple attempt on drawing, it took soooo long to make

It's a simple attempt on drawing, it took soooo long to make. I'm really sorry if it's not so good, but I tried my best

I'mma just give up on the facts for now...