Chapter 3: Nightmare

Danny's POV

 I go back to my apartment and start to repackage all the things I fixed the other night.

After I was done with them, I went to feed Spooky. Can't let the guy starve, now can we? I actually don't know Spooky's gender. I'm planning to search online on how to tell the difference. But, for now, I'm too lazy to do so.

I go to the kitchen and a cabinet to reveal a cage. A mouse cage. Inside, I take a single mouse and threw it up into the air. Almost immediately, Spooky comes flying in, catching the rodent by its beak. I can never get used to how fast Spooky is. I let out a chuckle at Spooky's antics.

"Now, now, Spooks, don't get greedy. There's only so many mice as we can manage." I told him, not knowing if Spooky can actually understand me, but I assume he can.

 I decide to take a small nap since I didn't get much sleep.

*Danny's Nightmare*

I was in my human form, and Sam was in front of me. Her hair was in a mess, and her clothes were stained with blood. "You did this to me." she said, her voice scratchy, dry. 'No, no, no. I-I didn't mean t-to!'

"What a coward you were. You should have died in that portal!" Sam screeched me. She called me a coward and a freak continuously. Her voice seemed to come in every direction.

I swatted my hand towards her direction, making her fall down. I look at her. She was bleeding profusely. 'I-I couldn't-t have d-done that...'

"Yes, you did..." Sam said hoarsely, before stopping all movement.

I run away from her corpse and into a forest, trying to clear my thoughts. ' Sh-she wouldn't have said t-that t-t-to me. IM NOT A COWARD!'

"Then why didn't save us? You are nothing but a coward!" I look to my right and see my family. I saw my Mom, Dad, and Jazz. Mom's suit was torn and had cuts all over her body. Dad's arms were cut off and his jaw was hanging loosely. Jazz was the worst of all. Her skin was deathly pale, her hair was all over the place, her head was bleeding, and her legs were broken and mangled; making her crawl by her hands.

  "You were never our son! You're just a ghost! A ghost can never be our son!" Dad said, his jaw swaying back and forth as he did. I run deeper into the forest, trying to muffle their voices. But, nothing worked. I still heard them as clear as day.

  "Why did you have to live instead of us! Why couldn't you just died, scum!" They all said in unison. 

'I WOULD DIE TO SAVE YOU!'

"Then DIE!"  they said. My parents took out there ecto-weapons and shot at me.

"Stop moving, you Ecto-manifestation! You're already dead, so this won't matter!" My parents told me, continuing to shoot at me. 

'I'M NOT DEAD!'

  I evade every attack until I accidentally hit a thorn bush on my side, making me fall in pain. I look up to see Mom with a gun in her hand and the others behind her.

"You're dead and a ghost menace." She said, taking a final shot at me.

*End*

  I wake up abruptly. I took deep and shaky breaths.  'It's just a dream... None of it is real. I'm not dead' I tell myself repeatedly.  I check the time and see that It was 7:25.

There were always nightmares and each one worse than the last.

 Their voices continued to plague my mind. Actually, I knew exactly how to get rid of it.

________________________________________________

Sorry if it's a bit short-ish. I'll write more next chapter.

Thanks for reading my stuff. I didn't believe this would get more than a hundred reads, but here we are.

So, what gender do you want Spooky to be? It's yours to choose!

<<Bat Fact>>

In a comic where Batman turned into a vampire, He said the sentence, "The thirst is upon me."