Chapter 33: The End Is Nye

IGNORE EVERY STORY ARC THAT I TRIED TO START

THIS STORY'S GONNA END REAL SOON. NO MORE TIME SKIPS, NO MORE EXCESSIVE CAPITALIZATION, NO MORE EXCUSES.

A couple of days past.

Everybody felt it the morning. Something bad was gonna happen. It was like that sixth sense dogs had before a storm had spread through the entirety of Gotham.

People were looking nervously at each other, almost as if they were all being watched. Goosebumps were on everybody's arms and nobody knew why.

So, while Danny was at the cafe with Ember and Batman and Robin were having a quiet breakfast, the ground shook.

A massive earthquake, shaking every building, started. The ground split open and building clashed at each other. Things were falling and so many bad things.

"Earthquake!" People yelled, running for cover. It was chaos at it's finest, everybody was either running or cowering.

Phase two started after a minute or two. As Danny looked out a window from beneath his table, he saw something being blasted into the sky. A red beam made its way up and then spreading a sphere over the entirety of Gotham.

"What the in the Zone is going on?" Ember yelled as she saw the newly developed shield around Gotham.

"We're going to find out." He announced, taking her by the hand, letting the flurry of black surround them.

They appeared on a rooftop, near the building that seemed to be the source of the terrifying, red laser. Danny had went ghost, not caring he didn't have a cloak, Ember slipped off her ring and let her fiery hair free.

Danny wasn't going to let something so big endanger his new home.

All while this was happening, Bruce and Dick we're dressing in their costumes. As soon as they saw the laser, they went ahead to get ready for the attack. The red shield had just made it to the edge up of the mansion's end.

When they were prepared, they hopped on the Bat Wing and were off to the source.

"Who do you think it is? The Joker? The Riddler? Phantom?" Robin asked Batman.

"Joker wouldn't have done it without telling everybody he did. Riddler wouldn't have done it, he's already done it before. From every report you've sent me on Phantom, there were no warning signs that he would. But keep vigilant, anybody could be doing this." Batman answered, powering the thrusters and making the plane go even faster.

Before anyone knew it, Batman stopped the plane, noticing to figures on a rooftop. The earthquake seemed to stop, but the entirety of Gotham seemed to be shielded.

Batman set the Bat Wing to autopilot, and then jumped out of the plane with Robin. They spread their capes as they glided down to a familiar white haired criminal.

"Phantom!" Robin called as soon as they landed. Danny snapped his head to their direction, eyes wide.

"Did you do this?" He yelled at the teen. Danny immediately put a scowl on his face.

"Are you crazy? I like Gotham! Why on earth would I do this!" He yelled back. And then they continued to bicker some more.

"Stop yelling!" Batman shouted over both teens. This was going nowhere and they had a situation to deal with.

"Phantom," Danny grew surprised that the Dark Knight called for him, "You may serve useful if your intentions truly are good." And Danny couldn't be more surprised. This was the equivalent of being asked for help by the Dark Knight. But he better not push.