Chapter 7: Well Look Who It Is

Robin's POV (Sorry if it's bad, I don't exactly know how to pull off the 'Robin' bit)

I watched Daniel as he walked out of his apartment. I did my fair share of research. He works at a small-time clinic, he takes online classes, lives alone, he prefers to known as Danny, the database showed he was homeschooling for the majority of his life, and he has a tiny business of fixing up little mechanical things. It really could just be that the radio-active energy was by accident. Maybe trying to fix up something that already had nuclear waste in it.

As he left, I went through the window, which was thankfully on the first floor and was unlocked. I go in and have a small looksy. I went through the kitchen window. I saw that there was one bathroom, one kitchen, a bedroom, and a living room. By Gotham standards, this was a pretty good apartment. But getting a good apartment without needing a roommate in Gotham was definitely strange.

I first put in a listening device in every room, all hidden and bat-shaped (courtesy of the Bat) . They were connected to a computer back at the Manor.

I look at the wall and see a young photo of Daniel with some goth looking girl. It looked old. I dismissed the photo, thinking it was nothing more than a lover of some sorts.

I head to his room to put a listening device in, since I didn't go there yet. There were books scattered on the floor and posters of NASA and space on the wall. 'He must like space or something.' I see the books were about astrophysics, the basic and mechanics, medical stuff, and some were old photo albums. I didn't really care about them, I just needed to know where that energy was coming from. I was careful not to step on any of them or leave any evidence that I was in the room.

I put the bat-shaped device hidden behind a poster. It was time to begin the investigation.

 I pull out a radioactive energy tracer, from my belt. 'AHA!' It all seemed to come from a work desk in the corner of the room. There was a bunch a gadgets on top of it. Along with screws and other things. I head towards it. There was a locked cabinet. I quickly pick it, which was pretty easy, but that only lead to me discovering a small safe. Took a few minutes, but I as cracked it open. But, to my dismay, I found a small wooden box in it. It had a padlock on it. 'This guy seriously knows how to annoy thieves' I groan in my head.

As I was about to pick on this one, like I did the last two ones, I heard a screech. I look behind me, only to discover an owl's talons coming at my face. My eyes widen as I move away in time before it got to me. There was nothing in his files about owning an owl!

The owl jerked his head to my direction. It quickly took flight. I run back to the window, but not without it scratching my wrist. I jumped out the window and quickly closed it. I breathed heavily. Questions swarmed my mind. Why does Daniel have an owl? Why wasn't I notified?

I know that I've battled endless amounts of villains of thugs before. But I was trying to  be inconspicuous, and that owl just had catch me off guard. I really thought that Daniel didn't have any pets.

I head out of the bushes before anyone could spot me. I had a small feeling I forgot something, but I didn't know what...

Danny's POV

I took a little time to remember my surroundings. I saw this spectacular green house in Gotham Park, I made a mental note to visit it sometime later.

I was currently eating some ice-cream on a park bench. I ate it pretty quickly 'cause of my ice core. No brain freeze or anything.

I basically explored the majority of the north side of Gotham. But never the South. The South was where most of the crime happened. I wanted to stay clear of that area when I'm in my 'regular attire', but it's okay during the night. Well, because of my... night-time avocation...